Blackhorse loan

First time on here so here goes
I took out a loan in 2007 and did default, contacted black horse who was happy to help until I had a letter from a debt company, to try and keep this short the original loan was for 3000, I continued to pay collection agencies without defaults but they kept getting sold on and the balance was not coming down, after a few years I put it to 5 per month as I did take the attitude if between 60-100 wasn’t changing anything I may as well pay 5 pm.
A few days ago I received a letter from Black horse stating they were going to send a cheque of 47 and to cash it ASAP, I have contacted them today and took it to complaints who phoned me a few hours later, I explained I felt I was unfairly treated through the whole process which went on for a couple of years, they disagreed and said the cheque was because they over charged me interest and a little bit extra, reluctantly he has sent it now to complaints but said it wont take long as mine is a very straight forward no, in his manner I think they have already made up there mind, I have asked for a copy of T&C
I was on a 0hr contract at the time of taking out the loan

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,870 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 24 September 2018 at 5:39PM
    Hi,

So what is your question again please ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Was wondering if there is something behind black horse doing this as they want me to settle quickly or should I just take the refund
  • lol
    Take the refund
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Take the refund, in future stick to the agreement.
  • I too had this letter quickly followed by a cheque urging me to pay it in asap.

My thoughts were the same as yours. Not sure how to proceed now. The cheque is just a fraction of the charges and penalties I incurred so am sure I could get more but dont know what to do ?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The charges and penalites don't have any relevance to the cheque that BH sent. That was for them making a mistake regarding the interest payments.
    They have not suddenyl decided you shouldn't be paying them or any subsequent debt collection agency.
    You won't be getting more, you owe the debt. For advie on dealing with the debt itself, you could post on the debt free wannabe board.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure