Starling bank taking over Raisin, any cons?

Raisin is being "powered by" Starling bank shortly, so they are asking customers to opt-in.

Anyone looked into any cons with Opting in? Any hidden charges or is it ok to go ahead and opt-in?

Comments

• karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    rkelly wrote: »
    Raisin is being "powered by" Starling bank shortly, so they are asking customers to opt-in.

Anyone looked into any cons with Opting in? Any hidden charges or is it ok to go ahead and opt-in?

Welcome back! :T

The only con is not opting in.

P.S. I thought Raisin were a 'disgrace' according to you. :rotfl:
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • rkelly
    rkelly Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Welcome back! :T

The only con is not opting in.

P.S. I thought Raisin were a 'disgrace' according to you. :rotfl:

It's thanks to my campaign and "raisin" awareness that they paid out.... Just remember that :beer:

Back to the question, instead of being smarmy, is their any cons to not opting in?
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It's thanks to my campaign and "raisin" awareness that they paid out.... Just remember that :beer:

Back to the question, instead of being smarmy, is their any cons to not opting in?

Campaign? :rotfl:

In answer to your question, there is a con to not opting in.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • rkelly
    rkelly Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Campaign? :rotfl:

In answer to your question, there is a con to not opting in.

and what is the con? Care to explain instead of being smarmy? With 8000+ posts under your belt, I would have expected a thoroughly answer, not a simple "there is a con to not opting in".
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Lots of discussion on this issue on your original thread, maybe worth going back and reading it.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Misleading title. Just because Raisin are partnering with Starling Bank doesn't mean Starling Bank are taking over Raisin. Starling Bank has already partnered with other financial services which it offers through its Marketplace.

It is most likely a partnership of convenience which will no doubt be dissolved when it's no longer convenient. So exactly where will you stand if the partnership ends?

For example The Change Account started out partnered with R. Raphael & Sons plc but now it's partnered with Wirecard!

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/08/137312-fintech-raisin-partners-with-starling-bank/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure