will plan

18 years ago we had a will written . We took up £8 monthly cover which permitted storage, rewriting of the will and help to ensure a smooth transition for executors when the time came, however the original will was never signed or returned. The company has not made any contact with us in the 18 years passed. Would we be entitled to ask for a refund and if so how would we accomplish this?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Any reason why the Will cannot be signed now?
    Would we be entitled to ask for a refund and if so how would we accomplish this?

No entitlement. However, a small goodwill gesture for the error wouldn't go amiss.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • AlisonCox5 wrote: »
    18 years ago we had a will written . We took up £8 monthly cover which permitted storage, rewriting of the will and help to ensure a smooth transition for executors when the time came, however the original will was never signed or returned. The company has not made any contact with us in the 18 years passed. Would we be entitled to ask for a refund and if so how would we accomplish this?

Do you mean to tell me you've paid £8pm (=£96 per year) for 18 years for effectively just storage (and, indeed, of an unsigned will)?! I'm sorry to say but they must have seen you coming.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure