Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Love the idea of sitting in your nightie looking for exercise videos to do!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    I agree. It's good to write it down. It clears the head.

Now, you know what I'm going to ask, were those spends budgeted for in YNAB? Or did you have to jiggle things about afterwards?

Or have you sacked it altogether hahaha?
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Now, you know what I'm going to ask, were those spends budgeted for in YNAB? Or did you have to jiggle things about afterwards?

Or have you sacked it altogether hahaha?

Oh ye of little faith Speky. Of course I'm still going with YNAB, and they were absolutely budgeted for. I put the kids some of my exam money aside for school uniform and new clothes they might need. Admittedly that is almost all gone for dd now, but she knows if she chooses expensive stuff then she has to have less of it. The only budget jiggling I've had to do so far is for eating out :o but that moved from our 'days out' pot, and to give money to ex which has had to come from our holiday pot for the moment. :( I'm enjoying YNAB and it's really helping me to stay accountable. I have subscribed via the app for once the trial has run out, but that doesn't seem to have translated to the desktop site yet. I'm crossing my fingers that everything goes on the day because I've worked hard to get it where it's at while I've had the time off work as well. It's payday today and I've already been on and budgeted for August.
    Been out to Mr T this morning for the big 'start of the month' grocery shop, popped to the butchers for some nice meat and have cleared out the fridge. Getting a bit sloppy with food waste so I need to make sure I start keeping an eye on that. The fridge, freezer and cupboards are full so there should be no excuse other than my laziness. I'm pleased to report that I got a good night's sleep last night - so I like to make the most of that when I can :D
    I did find some videos on Ytube last night apple - did a quick 10 minute one in my nightie and trainers. I'm sure I looked a sight but at least I'm doing something. However I spent far longer watching a guy called the fitness marshall - I could never dance like he does but I think he's brilliant, and really funny as well.
    The other flatpack furniture is still waiting Foxgloves. DD told me she was desperate for new drawers, but obviously not desperate enough to sort the old ones out.
  • Of course I had full faith in you. Glad you're feeling the benefit of it.

Glad you slept well, perhaps down to the 10 min video...?
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Not sure Speky - I did another 10 minute video last night and not slept so well. I think that it depends how busy my brain is when I go to bed.
    However, I have woken up this morning feeling reasonably motivated so I'm going to try and make the most of it. I'll do another 10 minutes today - got to keep going. I've also reconciled the budget as today is big payment day. Still on track. I've also found another couple of payments I can cancel so I've done that. Dishes are washed, washing is on, cats are fed, litter is changed and I've finally emptied the recycling bin.
    Not much else planned for the day other than my solicitors appointment at 11am. I really hope I'm not left stuck in limbo after this, and I feel hopeful that things are moving on. Particularly the finances. I'll report back in later about how that went.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,178 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope your appointment goes well for you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Well the divorce is definitely on. I have signed all the forms and everything will now be sent off to the courts and it is just a waiting game. My solicitor went through the process with me and it looks like it will all be over and done with in about 3-4 months. Fingers crossed things move as quickly as they can. We also made a start on the financials in terms of figuring out a good starting point to buy him out of the house. Solicitor is going to send him a letter and see what he thinks. The sticking point is my pension, which I've worked hard for and really don't want to share with him. We shall see what's what.
    It was more emotional than I expected actually. I had a few tears about it all and still feel quite sad now. I know it's what I want and is all for the best but it's still hard - 16 years is a long time, and I've been reminded again of how much I've given in that time, and how little I've gotten in return on all sides of the argument. I hate being a b**ch about the finances but I would happily have shared if I thought that he'd put in a fair share of anything during the marriage - financial, emotional or anything else. Ah well. Just need to be kind to myself this afternoon. Unfortunately that may not be easy to do as ds has just been downstairs to inform me that his dad is 'popping round to the house' for half an hour as he's 'having a bad week and needs a cuddle'. Hopefully I'll survive that with my sanity intact.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Ugh, it was awful.
    He has completely crashed again, and was really tearful. Bearing in mind that I've had an emotional day myself today that was hard to deal with. However, it's over now - although I now want to sleep for a week. Can't be doing with all of this upset at the moment...
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,178 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Oh dear.
    That must be hard for you.
    Has your ex no friends or family he could go to?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Take care of yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport