Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback

MSE_Andrew
MSE_Andrew Posts: 173 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
edited 5 January 2021 at 3:58PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Pure Planet

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did your switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• My experience to date is extremely positive, switch happened within 2 weeks and was very smooth. Love the app and info supplied within in. Price appears extremely competitive to date. Would recommend.
  • pnam
    pnam Posts: 800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    So far so good. Switch from SP completed without a hitch, communication good, just been reminded to submit first set of monthly meter reads, which is easy to do via the app.
  • Just tried to switch. Pure Planet will charge higher direct debit over winter months and lower direct debit in summer months. Changing in December results in higher monthly payments than previous supplier (over the year £100 saving). Will not be proceeding on that basis!
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    foxland wrote: »
    Just tried to switch. Pure Planet will charge higher direct debit over winter months and lower direct debit in summer months. Changing in December results in higher monthly payments than previous supplier (over the year £100 saving). Will not be proceeding on that basis!

But that's normal behaviour for the smaller providers to uplift in the colder months, that and the "month in advance" payment system.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 December 2017 at 10:02AM
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    But that's normal behaviour for the smaller providers to uplift in the colder months, that and the "month in advance" payment system.

I wouldn't say it was 'normal', although a few small suppliers do take this approach in the fisrt year of joining ... if you join them in the approach to or during winter.

But I don't think this supplier takes that approach ... unless you can provide evidence to the contrary.

I see the supplier does review payments after 1 month and again after 6 months to ensure you are on track to pay off the entire 12 month's usage in 12 months.
    The supplier is also conmsidering alternative appraoched (but not the one suggested by foxland), but these are only being considered at this stage as I understand.

As I see it, usage probably doesn't make up as big a percentage of the bill as many suppliers anyway, as the supplier charges a whopping £120 per year per fuel standing charge :eek: (which they confusingly refer to as a membership charge)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    My experience to date is extremely positive, switch happened within 2 weeks and was very smooth. Love the app and info supplied within in. Price appears extremely competitive to date. Would recommend.

I smell a slight rat. It is not legally possible to switch within 2 weeks as there is a 14 day 'cooling off' period that starts from the day that the supplier receives the application to transfer a supply. Care to elaborate.
  • Hi folks, Pure Planet will be joining the forum with a verified account in the next couple of days.

If you're a customer or prospective customer and have a question please do ask it on here and hopefully it will be able to help you.

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Hi all,

Most people seem to have had positive experiences with Pure Planet, however I'm afraid I have had to abandon my switch to them.

I had a lot of technical difficulties with the app, mainly in trying to enter meter readings, and then was unable to speak to anyone about it due to their insistence on using a 'bot' for customer service.

I tried to discuss with them on Twitter, and they asked me to DM me, however the person staffing their Twitter feed didn't appear to realise they needed to follow me for me to do so.

Afraid I can't recommend them.
  • PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    My experience to date is extremely positive, switch happened within 2 weeks and was very smooth. Love the app and info supplied within in. Price appears extremely competitive to date. Would recommend.
    Thanks Simon - that's great to hear! :)

Marc at Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • PurePlanet
    PurePlanet Posts: 199 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    foxland wrote: »
    Just tried to switch. Pure Planet will charge higher direct debit over winter months and lower direct debit in summer months. Changing in December results in higher monthly payments than previous supplier (over the year £100 saving). Will not be proceeding on that basis!
    Hi @foxland
    Yes that's right - we charge differently in the winter and summer. We do this because we try to buy our energy for the winter in advance, as it keeps our rates down.
    The payments flex to colder and warmer months to match usage and protect members from building up too much debt or too much credit.
    It means a little less in warmer months and a little more in the colder months to mirror the pattern of energy use.
    Hope that helps

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback