A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Life sounds busy, INOD. Good that business is starting to pick up; but what a shame about your DS' bike.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,290 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the tender :j
    Hope wee dog is ok.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Congrats on the tender and hope meeting goes well tomorrow.

Yes hope dog is ok. Do you think she picked something up before she came home?

SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So sorry to hear about DS's bike and your poorly dog. :( I hope there's good news on both counts soon.

Re the weight loss disappointment: I do find I get a time lapse between the careful eating and the actual loss. Maybe you are similar? Also, porridge is great in so many ways but do be sure to weigh it. (Sorry if you are already doing this). I was eating a lot of calories unknowingly before I started weighing what I ate, and porridge has plenty of calories. There are some advantages to soaking them overnight in milk or yogurt, one of which I seem to remember is that they take a few more calories to digest, but I can't find the source of that so it may not be right. I'm a huge fan of 'overnight oats' but I have to make them light on the oats and heavy on the fruit and yogurt.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Lots of lovely visitors, was it my baking? Today I feel yeuck. Whatever OH had for two and a half weeks when he refused to visit his dr, appears to have travelled. At least there are no more dublin visits planned this week.
    Had a semi productive meeting yesterday. More related to potential than actual work but I think I could work with this man.
    Stopped off in aldi on way home and got some veg and some sirloins. Approx £24 spent but lots of relevant stuff purchased for that. Also, replaced some of the big project funded supplies that I made inroads to at the weekend. Today I need to start working on a full size tender, the first since January, I'm a bit daunted. I also need to bite the bullet and pay myself my august expenses even though this will significantly deplete what's left in the business account. I need people to revert so I can finalise work and get it invoiced. I also have one invoice to go which is another job for today.
    Today I think I will not just work from home but will work from bed. Hopefully with my four legged companion who was again sick the night before last but was ok last night. The problem is, she's mainly lab so tried to eat anything and everything which can prove too much for her.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Get well soon. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,290 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Take care xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better soon INOD.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Take care INOD
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Still feeling like I've cotton wool where my head should be but am otherwise getting there. However, had a pity party and turned to junk food. I hate that I'm so easily derailed. Yesterday wasn't great, dd and I had words. She's had 4 weeks bumming around the us in holiday mode and is now back, broke and doing, it would appear, nothing about work while expecting access to laundry facilities, charging of various gadgets, etc. she also owes me £150 and can't afford to pay it. I'm also expected to take care of her dog while she lies in bed. Yesterday was the earliest she surfaced, at 1 o'clock and after two prompts.
    She thinks I should get a job as I seem far too stressed. Wonder why that might be!
    I chased up two clients yesterday but have realised that my pipeline is low. Once again, I'm worried. I struggle with feeling isolated while working for myself. I then worry that my depression, which is always in the wings, may make a starring appearance.
    Tomorrow, I have my nephew's evening reception, more than 2 weeks after the wedding. I have no interest in attending but will go and make the required noises.
    I'm also a bit annoyed with my OH. He mentioned yesterday that he had been paid on Wednesday. This was the first month of his temporary promotion. I asked if he had received extra and he advised it was an additional £500. He knows that I'm worried about money and yet hadn't thought to mention that. Really!
    Today I am grateful for
    Feeling a bit better
    Having tackled some less desirable work tasks
    My home, even if I'm using it to hide from the world.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback