3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    #2 Back again with a new update.

A little more added today making my new total £4945.43 aka 54.95%.

I have a sneaky feeling I'm going to get over the £5k mark when the monthly interest is paid in 2 weeks. Finger's crossed as it will be nice to hit another milestone.

Taking my own advice here - keep on keeping on!

Dobbi :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi All :)

So the last month has been very difficult....I had 6 teeth out last Friday and I was extremely anxious about it...so anxious that my work has suffered and it was just not good...But the Operation went well and a week on I'm doing much better....The first few days wasn't pleasant but it's a LOT better...so I'm grateful....

Nothing to Report moneywise....I'll get there...just been a tough time I think for me and for a lot of other people....But we'll ALL get there... :)

Here's to the Updates.... xXx :)

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AMAZING....Keep on keeping on....Thank you for helping to keep the page going.... xXx :)

Charleyalmostking - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing INCREDIBLE...Keep going... xXx :)

SamSam17 - WELL DONE!! You've done a WONDERFUL job and it must be so amazing to know that you have that cushion there if you need it xXx :)

swimminginaseaofdebt - How are you doing hun?

x_raphael_xx - I've Updated the First Page....I'm assuming that when you Update you are talking about your Mum Debt....so that's what I have Updated.....You're doing REALLY GREAT!! Keep on moving forwards and you'll get there xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME....Keep on going....How is the garden doing? Have you been enjoying it? I'm doing okay now....been a tough old month.... xXx :)

mylastpound - I've Updated the First Page and changed your Goal....You're doing AMAZING!! Keep on keeping on xXx :)
  • July257
    July257 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hi
    Can i join the challenge please? I would like to save £1000 ef fund.
    Thanks.
  • Dobbibill
    July257 wrote: »
    Hi
    Can i join the challenge please? I would like to save £1000 ef fund.
    Thanks.

Hi July257 - welcome to both the forum and this challenge.
    Of course you can join - we are a friendly bunch and cheers each other on. The great thing about this challenge is there's no target date. We all just add a little each week/month and plod along encouraging each other. A bit like taking a trip via the scenic route.

Helen will add your name and target to the first page when she pops back in. Keep us updated with both the sucesses and challenges.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Sorry I haven't been on here for a while:o. Nothing new to report in the saving or spending department which is good news:j. Well done everyone who has saved any extra, especially you Dobbibill who is doing so well:T:beer:

Helen, your teeth problems sound awful so I'm really pleased that you are well on the way to recovery:kisses3:. It's not surprising that your work suffered. Did you have to go into hospital to have so many extractions? I ask because I have a back tooth (wisdom one) that has broken off at the gum. The tiny bit that's above the gum isn't sharp and isn't giving me any trouble (so far) but I don't like the idea of a stump under the surface which might cause all sorts of problems later on. Obviously it can't just be pulled out as there's nothing to get hold of:eek: so it will have to be excavated out. I'm totally dentist-phobic at the best of times but the thought of being under anaesthetic for this scares me to death:o
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    swimminginaseaofdebt Posts: 942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 May 2018 at 10:30AM
    Hi All :)

So the last month has been very difficult....I had 6 teeth out last Friday and I was extremely anxious about it...so anxious that my work has suffered and it was just not good...But the Operation went well and a week on I'm doing much better....The first few days wasn't pleasant but it's a LOT better...so I'm grateful....

Nothing to Report moneywise....I'll get there...just been a tough time I think for me and for a lot of other people....But we'll ALL get there... :)

Here's to the Updates.... xXx :)

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AMAZING....Keep on keeping on....Thank you for helping to keep the page going.... xXx :)

Charleyalmostking - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing INCREDIBLE...Keep going... xXx :)

SamSam17 - WELL DONE!! You've done a WONDERFUL job and it must be so amazing to know that you have that cushion there if you need it xXx :)

swimminginaseaofdebt - How are you doing hun?

x_raphael_xx - I've Updated the First Page....I'm assuming that when you Update you are talking about your Mum Debt....so that's what I have Updated.....You're doing REALLY GREAT!! Keep on moving forwards and you'll get there xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME....Keep on going....How is the garden doing? Have you been enjoying it? I'm doing okay now....been a tough old month.... xXx :)

mylastpound - I've Updated the First Page and changed your Goal....You're doing AMAZING!! Keep on keeping on xXx :)

Sorry to hear about your teeth Helen but glad you are on the road to recovery now and hope things keep on getting better.

Sadly my savings have depleted as I had a creditor write to me offering to settle a credit card account at a discount which I took them up on. So my savings are back to around £300 and my plan is to get this up to £1000 for my £1000 EF before starting on this challenge again.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hi Helen,
    Yes I'm focusing on mums debt at the moment. I still have £1000 in my EF as a contingency, but I want to get rid of this debt before adding to my EF.
    I'm hoping I can pay mum off in the next 3 months, or definately at least by Xmas. I just have a few expenses coming up...holiday, car insurance, run entries, etc etc so it's not dissapearing as quickly as I'd like.
    But it is going. :)
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Treasurequeen
    Treasurequeen Posts: 615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Hello please may I join. I need to save around £2000 in my EF which is just over 4 months worth of bills.
  • Dobbibill
    Hi Treasurequeen - of course you can join.
    When Helen pops in next she will add your name, target and progress to the first page.

Until then keep us updated with things.

We all cheer each other on so welcome to the friendliest thread.

• Hello Helen (and everyone :wave: )

I have added more to my pot which has taken me temporarily to £7270.80. This is over my target which is great, but I have 2 holidays and a new bathroom to pay for out of it so I assure you it will be dropping again over the next few months. I would just rather keep it out of my current account for now.

Hope everyone is ok and that you are recovering well from having the teeth out Helen

LMD x
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2363.03 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £900/£3000 | Holiday spends £430 | General Saver £2562.77
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure