Welcome Finance Secured Loan

I took out a Welcome Finance secured loan many years ago. The reason I took it out was because I needed money to stay in my home and had been missold another loan by my bank who promised to offer me a remortage deal and then didn't... it was my only choice and a bad one.

Anyhow, my question is this. Has anyone been repossesed by Welcome Finance? I did doubt that the loan may even be secured. When I got into financial difficulty a few years ago (employer didn't pay my wages, couldn't pay my mortgage, buy food or pay bills) I had to agree to pay £150 per month to Welcome Finance not the full monthly amount.

I missed a payment recently and they never even contacted me when usually they would be hassling me but I think they have closed down. I don't want to avoid paying what I owe but am simply struggling - due to factors that were not my fault (e.g. working and not getting paid) I got into arrears, cannot remortage. I also have this 'secured loan' which I cannot afford to pay at the monthly amount I am paying.

I know they didn't follow procedures when they offered the loan. They only offered the loan by coming round to my home and it was just me and the person selling the loan present. I was also missold PPI.

I really want to know what to do as I don't want to keep being crippled every month if I can turn this into a non-secured loan? Is this possible?

I am up to date on my mortgage payments and was of the assumption that if the house was repossesed Welcome Finance would only get money after the Mortage lender got theirs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, particularly if anyone has any factual information about Welcome Finance and their secured loans.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport