PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Saturday 5th January

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Sorry you've not been well dumpling, hope you recover soon.

Enjoy your weekend at home Gers.

Dry again here and fairly mild, no sunshine of late but at least it hasn't been raining. I was particularly lazy again yesterday, must try harder today!

Washing is in, DW emptied and recycling out to the bins. I'll make soup in a bit, I got a soupmaker for Christmas (not sure I liked a kitchen gadget for a present!), I'm not one for kitchen gadgets but I'll give it a go.

DDs for dinner later which I'm looking forward to, don't want to dirty the nice shiny hob!

Have a good weekend, take care. XX
  • Bozwood
    Bozwood Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning hugs to all that are poorly And cannot sleep. I go though phases about sleep and have good nights and bad. I am going to the gym this morning then go home we are going to the pictures later to see Wreck it Ralph 2 might have a look in the shops but I don’t need much
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Morning :)

Wow it was a busy day for everyone yesterday. Hope today is peaceful and calm for all

SO hope it goes OK with mum dont forget your book just in case

Had a pretty fitful night with lots of strange dreams although I can confirm one of them involved James Martin cooking for me :) shame to wake up really

Taff ...no liver yesterday it was a prawn cocktail and mince pies ....getting bored of Christmas food now and I hardly bought any. Anyway defo liver tonight with a big pile of buttery mash :) Need to finish the wine off too as I am starting dry January on Monday if a little late....I'll do an extra week at the end. Charity will be a cancer one for all my lovely friends on here going through so much.

Normal Saturday stuff today... I need to catch up with my age uk lady which I look forward to and then I guess Im going round to my new fella's.....James M ;) Still working on my holiday washing and the kitchen is pretty rank. Hoping my tagine arrives too then I can plan some holiday memories :)

Have a good day if you can lovelies
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone and thanks for the start Dumpling sorry that you have been so unwell, hopefully being at home will let you rest better and sending all positive vibes for the new healthier you x

Grey and dismal here today, still flippin cold as well, oh well as the weather lady just said it is January!
    I have a hay delivery coming today, my man has put the price up again and it’s now £5 per bale, so an increase of £2 since this time last year :(. I know there is a bit of a shortage etc but even so, I’m on a bedding only rate with the yard as it was cheaper to get my own hay but have done the maths and that’s no longer the case so will be having a conversation with the owner. Tbh it will be nice to not have the hassle of organising it myself.
    Other than that no other plans, despite not seeing your DM I hope you enjoy your weekend off Gers, thinking of Holly, Polly, Taff and all the other poorlies, hope the rest of you have a good a day as possible.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,761 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all,

Sorry you've been so poorly Dumpling. I did wonder about heart failure when you mentioned your legs being bad, but I didn't want to scare you needlessly. MY MIL was diagnosed with heart failure when the HT was a tiny baby and is still alive now so I agree there's no need to scare the children. Good luck with your new health regime.

My friend is out of hospital so I'll be calling to see her later. The HT will be coming with me - he never usually gets dressed on Saturdays so he must be worried about friend. We went shopping for a basket for the cat's toys yesterday - her new bed is in the HT's room and he felt that she needed somewhere to keep her toys. We found the right size basket in the pound shop but more importantly I persuaded the HT that we should buy him a winter coat as the weather is turning a bit colder. We also bought him a new hoodie and a couple of t-shirts. He's grown another inch in the last couple of weeks :eek:

I need to crack on and go to the post office. I am still selling the HT's plastic [STRIKE]junk[/STRIKE] treasures on the bay of E :D

Take care all of you :)
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one. Especially those who are poorly, sorry to hear about your hospital stay Dumpling, I am sure you will recover better at home. Taff - hope you managed to speak to the nurse you wanted to.

Rude awakwening at 7 10am, phone call to say we have a parcel force delivery due between 9 - 10am. Did manage an ectra hour in bed before I got up. Just had my breakfast, now sitting waiting.

It looks a bit brighter day than yesterday, not been out the door so do not know how cold it is. Not that I have plans to go anywhere.

Beef out for tonight and lamb defrosting for tomorrow.......

Re sleeping - as you know I am not the best of sleepers, it has been better recently. When we were working we used to get up at 6.45am to be in work by 7.30am. That way we made up flexi time for extra time off. Since I retired my sleeping pattern has changed drastically, no idea why........as we do not have to get up anymore we tend to lie in longer, and I have to admit that when I get into bed I have a sigh of relief. OH can mostly sleep for England. He seems to have got over his run of not sleeping, we have slightly changed the bed time routine.

So on with the day...............
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 January 2019 at 10:36AM
    Morning all,

Thinking of all of you who are struggling at the moment.

Congratulations on the birth of Sierra, lovely name. Hope baby and mum are doing well.

Cranky, how is your friend doing?

Many thanks on your kind comments about my knitting. Suffice to say yesterday was not a good day, first, I had twisted the cuff and only realised after 20 odd rows.. So restarted, then after 14 rows of rib I pulled the wrong needle and pulled the stitches off. So restarted again, and now have a proper sock forming. Must admit I am a bit scared of getting to the heel and how I manage to make a mess of it.

So cold today, it has set my fibromyalgia off. So will do either a relaxing crochet blanket, or more of the knitting while having the heat pad on.

Not more to say really! Just the usual Saturday jobs of washing, will prepare some healthy food as we are both having trouble getting rid of the colds from before Christmas.

Take care all.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    dumpling, I don't blame you for wanting to get out of hospital, I hate staying in. I hope you recover quite quickly now, heart failure sounds such a scary diagnosis but like Cranky's mother-in-law my mum lived for many years with hers.

I'm still not dressed but will be getting ready in a few to go to Lidl for bread, Steve loves their sourdough (so do I but am off carbs while I'm on the blood sugar diet). Talking of which I lost one and a half pounds yesterday so that is a good kick start. According to Michael Moseley research has shown that people who weigh themselves every day los more than those who weigh less regularly, contrary to what slimming clubs used to say.

Then I shall remove the rest of the decs, tree came down last night so the rest should be fairly easy as I didn't go overboard this time.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    snoozer wrote: »
    dumpling, I don't blame you for wanting to get out of hospital, I hate staying in. I hope you recover quite quickly now, heart failure sounds such a scary diagnosis but like Cranky's mother-in-law my mum lived for many years with hers.

I'm still not dressed but will be getting ready in a few to go to Lidl for bread, Steve loves their sourdough (so do I but am off carbs while I'm on the blood sugar diet). Talking of which I lost one and a half pounds yesterday so that is a good kick start. According to Michael Moseley research has shown that people who weigh themselves every day los more than those who weigh less regularly, contrary to what slimming clubs used to say.

I did the BSD a couple of years ago Snoozer and lost 21lbs in 8 weeks, have to admit I was getting pretty fed up by the end but seeing the weight coming off was a good incentive. Be aware you may well get carb flu, headaches etc but lots of water should help :)
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all, it's a grey day but a balmy -1 outside :rotfl:
    I woke this morning with a gunky eye after an unsettled night, couldn't get comfy as some of my joints were complaining and I feel a bit stiff still :(
    We are going to take the decorations and tree down today, will have to plod along and do it bit by bit, interspersed by copious amounts of coffee. I hope to sort some of the decs that didn't make it out on show this time and maybe throw some out. Then it will be dusting and hoovering as I go. I also need to strip the bed and wash the bedding, but I'll leave remaking it till much later. Probably do it after tea which will be something simple like sausage/egg and chips.
    I have fed the birds and nearly got mugged :eek: 5 collared doves, 2 blackbirds and a robin were all lined up and now the great t*ts are waiting to take turns on the feeder.
    Right enough waffling and procrastinating, I must go and " Do " something.
    Dumpling I hope you are more comfortable now you're home. Take things easy and get recovering. That's an order ! :D

Thinking of the poorly people, the sad or worried today.
    Take care and hugs to all.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure