PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 12th January 2019

2»

Comments

• Good morning all, and welcome Kitty. Seems a bit chilly here, with grey skies.

Ok day yesterday - I went to the market, there was one fabric stall and I bought some cotton fabric to make a tablecloth. Some of my tablecloths are old and looking a bit careworn so I'm replacing them.
    You are probably wondering why I don't just buy some, but a decent looking cotton tablecloth is often expensive, and as a true MSE'er I'm trying to save money!!

Glad Steve managed to make the doctors give him his pneumonia injection, he will be vulnerable during chemo, I'm sure. He needs all the help he can get.

Hope you enjoy your murder mystery BTDT, sounds intrigiung!

Thinking of everyone, hope you all have as good a day as you can
    Take care folks
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

I had a decent night last night. OH was up to the toilet, but I went back to sleep after a short while, woke about 8.30, so up, showered and dressed, am on my way to the Drs in a while about my wrist.

Horrid, dull grey morning, just about matches my mood, will be much better as the lighter days roll round, can't wait.

No plans, I was going to do the kitchen yesterday but exhausted after a bad night, so it will have to wait.

Hester posted twice yesterday on her blog. I know she has bad reception where they are just now.

Bacon and egg for supper tonight.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Its a bit dull and overcast here but no frost so I don't think its very cold.

OH is still in bed ! he said he would go shopping today as we are both full of colds his is on the way out and mine just started, I must have sneezed 60 times yesterday !! so while he is shopping I shall potter round here and have a quick tidy through, the bin and recycling need emptying too.

Once he is back we need to take the old TD (the people never picked it up :( ) to OH work they have a metal skip there we can put it in, its been on the front grass all week and I was hoping it would 'disappear' but no luck so far :o

Will then take the dog out for her walk maybe to the beach depending on the tide.

A film / nap this afternoon and then a nice dinner and wine tonight.

Snoozer I am glad to hear that Steve can still have his jab xx

Camelot your poor dd it sounds awful I hope she is better soon xx

Have good days all xx
  • Morning all, I've had another lie-in until 5, that's 3 now, excellent.

Welcome kitty, nice to see a new poster.

Good to know that Steve can have his injection.

I've done little so far today, another tidy round that should not have been needed, OH has been hunter-gathering at M*rrison's and is now putting the shopping away. What a fascinating life we do lead.

I have carried on with the trauma teddies, they are small and seem to knit themselves. I'm not using the standard pattern as I prefer one of my own.

Thinking of all those who are struggling for whatever reason.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all
    Just a quick pop in for me as I'm struggling with my hip again today. I had very little sleep because of it too :(. I can't sit, lie or stand for too long so I'll have to alternate between them.
    I have managed to fill the DW and get that going and I shall attempt to clean the kitchen tops and the cooker top in a minute. I'll be done bit by bit. I was going to have a good tidy round but there's nothing that really needs doing, I was just going to keep myself busy and out of mischief :rotfl:.
    Mr Fix It is in charge of tea tonight so I have no idea what he will cook. There's plenty in the freezer and cupboards for him to choose from in any case.
    Take care all
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,
    Bit tired today,DH had a terrible night again coughing.Yesterday I bought 2 single duvet covers for our superking bed,we have the clip together duvets anyway as we like different weights and I do struggle changing the superking cover.(Lot cheaper too:D) I washed them before putting them on and at 1.30 am he was pulling it off saying it was itchy,it's usually me who is fussy about fabric.I'll pop it in the washer again and see how it goes.
    DGD and I had a walk to the park while DS took DGS to football,it was chilly but we had hot choc when we got in and they more or less came in at the same time,he's had to pop out now so the children are painting pictures.
    Welcome Kitty- I was also sad to hear about Diane,she was such a part of NW tv and radio for a long time and will be sadly missed.
    Not sure what I'll do for tea,I have some meatballs in the fridge but DH didnt fancy them last night,they'll have to go in the freezer if we dont eat them tonight.
    Snoozer glad Steve could still have his jab x
    Holly,glad you are feeling brighter,good to know there is heaps of support for you
    AOD,yay to the lie in :)
    Camelot hope DDs tablets kick in soon
    Happy Saturday everyone xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all:D
    It's dark n wet here today, the Furnutters are sulking in front of the fire:D
    I'm popping to see Mum today , n will visit the chazzers in her village.They usually have really good stuff in .
    Being a NW girl too, I am gutted about the loss of Diane :( I once met her at an RSPCA open day, n had a natter about the dogs .She was very down to earth .
    OS wise i'm making red lentil lasagne later for tea:p
    I too have read HESTER'S blog.The last few posts are brill:rotfl:
    Anyway, huggles to all the poorlies n peed offs today :A xx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good afternoon chums and a very grey and dismal looking one it is here in North Kent I am glad I don't have to go anywhere and I am staying indoors in the warm.

Just been talking to my DDs ma-in-law as its a year today since our brave fighting Frank lost his battle with the big C

Where has that year gone to ,it seems to go the older you get. She is coping quite well and is going out for a meal tonight with her DD and son-in-law at Frank's favourite restaurant in Crayford. Bless her she is doing so well and I'm sure he would be proud of her.

Eldest DD popped in and gave me half a dozen eggs as she had been given a dozen from her friend who keeps chooks ,so tomorrow morning for breakfast I will have a nice couple of boiled free range eggs :) with my morning coffee.I don't eat many eggs but appreciate these ones as I have had them before and I know the source (very happy hens :))

Tonight for dinner I have got a steak from the freezer and will have that with veg, and as I have just made it, some rhubarb and custard.
    I had a nice bag of rhubarb that my sis-in-law gave me from her garden before Christmas so I cooked it with some honey a a bit of cinnamon and then made a thick gloopy custard to go on top :) very yummy and its cooling in the kitchen at the moment.

Just about to spend a happy half hour peeling some carrots to make a vat of carrot and coriander soup for next weeks lunches.I found a tub of dried coriander leaves in the cupboard so they will go in it along with some sweet chilli pepper for a bit of zing :)

<<hugs >> to those who are having a tough time at the moment ,I will be glad when january has gone it seems such a loooong month and permanently grey and overcast.

Roll on the spring and some cheerful daffodilsI have some shoots in pots in my garden but its a bit too soon for flowers

Have a good weekend chums whatever you are doing

Cheers
    JackieO xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    My drive home was especially lovely as BBC Radio 6 had a programme celebrating 50 years to the day of the release of the first Led Zep album FIFTY years! :eek: My forever favourite band. :j

It's very grey, wet and windy here. I've unpacked and lit the woodburner which is already blazing away because of the wind. Now I need to eat something as I've realised that I'd had nothing since 6pm last night. Not that I'll fade away!

Hugs to all those who can use one. Tough times are always made worse in winter.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi everyone

Am still clearing up bits and bobs from New Year etc. Spent yesterday with older dd and grand baby which was lovely and Thursday with her twin sister who I treated to the cinema.

Decided I would be lazy and have a lie in this morning only for the door to be knocked on by a delivery just after eight! I have been trying to low carb for a week now so had bacon and tomatoes for breakfast, chicken with pickled veg and tomatoes for lunch and planning a burger with beans for later. I even have a delivery of suitable groceries arriving tonight

January feels like a long month and as I have had an energy bill for the last quarter along with doing some stocking up on basics and youngest dd's birthday today so I am looking forward to February. My granddaughter's christening is next Sunday and I have apparently offered to make a couple of trays of pizza wheels so will make them in advance and freeze them one day next week. My youngest is coming over next weekend so her presents have just been nicely wrapped and beribboned with a bow (I even used a Christmas bauble as decoration on the box.

Older dd, sil and baby, other older dd, middle dd and maybe her fiance are coming round at lunchtime tomorrow . I am planning a large cottage pie made with low fat beef mince and some of the topping will be mashed swede and carrot rather than it all being potatoes. Also planning on a tray of roast veg so things will be healthy but SIL announced he wanted to be veggie for January so will make him some quorn fillets, roast potatoes and veg. DD has disabused him of the notion that he could live on cheese, chips and veggie burgers and has been looking out proper recipes with lots of actual vegetables!! Think he may be a little daunted by now as he told dd he could make an exception for fish and blanched when she offered to make fish pie with lots of veg.;)

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business