Rambling on...

Comments

• helsbell
    helsbell Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I always make my Christmas cake with whisky. I don't add it until after it's cooked though. Cook it, cool it, stick it in a tin upside down. Then stab it all over with a pointy stick and 'water' it daily, or as often as you remember. Just warn everyone not to drive home after eating it :rotfl:
    SPC 11, No. 062 DFD November 2020 :(
    Aug 2017 B'card £5006.83 BoS £1086.59 MBNA £0 Total: £6093.42
    Aug 2018 B'Card £995.06 BoS £863.43 MBNA £3,644.98 Total: £5503.47
    9.68% paid off
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sounds like an exceedingly good cake to me helsbell :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Good luck with the cake US.

With regard to the online dating, my cousin met his wife that way and they now have two lovely children, but I know it's not for everyone :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi US - inspired by your brewing, I've ordered Mr SA a starter kit from Wilko, looks like it has all the bits and bobs in it he'll need. It was £30.

Hope you're having a good weekend :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Evening folks :D
    What a busy weekend!

Helped my bestie sort out a problem with his laptop... who in their right mind runs Vista fer !!!!sake???
    Anyway, backed up all his important stuff to an external HD and then replaced his rubbish OS with 7 Pro.
    Mate is now a very happy chappy :D

Christmas cakes are on the go as the mixed fruit is now soaking in brandy.

I also have a recipe for homemade mincemeat for Christmas mince-pies from one of my Aunts. Really chuffed with this as it's my Grans recipe... and she gave the mince meat in a generous dash of 15 year old malt :D Grans mince pies were magic

I now need a new bed as mine has now broken... steady folks, there was no wild behaviour at Uncanny Manor. It is just that the frame is old and has finally snapped :(
    Broken bed-frame is out for collection and I am sleeping on my mattress on the bed room floor for now...
    So, it will be a trip to IKEA and a dip into the EF for a new bed frame this week.

Sun Addict - The Wilko kit is a good one and if Mr SA has brewed before he'll soon get back into it all again. If you need any info or advice just PM me and I will be glad to help. Only possible difficulty with the starter kit may be the bottling off of the fermented brew from the bucket... suggest an adequately sized barrel with a tap to syphon the contents of the bucket into prior to bottling (which I'm sure Wilko do ;) )

Hope everyone has had a great weekend
    :A
    :beer:
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Oh... meant to add that my mate gave me a Wilko Stout homebrew tinny for next brew as thanks for sorting out his laptop... I believe that there is an ulterior motive to this however, as he loves stout...
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    I have just been given recipes to brew my very own Punk IPA and Jackhammer...
    All I need to do is learn how to brew from grain...
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP

Always a catch, eh?
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • helsbell
    helsbell Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sounds like you're keeping busy, as ever!

IKEA have some quite cheap bed frames. I think the one we got for my daughter was £25. Its a single so a double will be more, and actually its really creaky so maybe not a good idea. Forget I spoke :p
    SPC 11, No. 062 DFD November 2020 :(
    Aug 2017 B'card £5006.83 BoS £1086.59 MBNA £0 Total: £6093.42
    Aug 2018 B'Card £995.06 BoS £863.43 MBNA £3,644.98 Total: £5503.47
    9.68% paid off
  • UncannyScot
    Morning folks :D

Just a quick post before BT outtareach buggrup our works tinternet connection (again!)

Was incommunicado last night due to new season of TWD... How good was that opener :T

New bed frame is being bought/collected from IKEA tonight :D
    Will get new mattress at weekend.

Hope everyone has a good day today. My working day will be a PITA due to outtareach :(
    Catch up with you all this evening, once I've built my new bedframe ;)
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Morning folks :D

Just another quick one...

Spent ages last night building up new bed-frame... was up 'til 1.30 am and it's still not complete (finishing off the storage drawers tonight...)

Another busy day ahead today, hoping for an early night tonight as I am shattered.

Have a lovely day peeps... hope to catch up later if I can
    R.I.P. T.P.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure