Savings accounts accepting DD's

Comments

• Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Roseanne1 wrote: »
    I thought it would be handy if a list could be included somewhere of what accounts need different DDs and what ones don't.

Suggest we don't do that. The information is all there with a little bit of searching, and having a prominent list of exactly how to engineer every single bank account (which large numbers will copy) is likely to end up in products being amended or changed.

Let's do our research, quietly, and enjoy the rewards whilst they last.

Can you imagine if this week 10,000 customers started pulling £1 weekly DDs from Co-Op to Post Office? It'd end up like Tesco I'm sure.
  • Herbalus wrote: »

Can you imagine if this week 10,000 customers started pulling £1 weekly DDs from Co-Op to Post Office? It'd end up like Tesco I'm sure.

I've been doing that since November 2017:cool::cool: If Post Office pull the facility, so be it. I will have enjoyed the Co-op £4 a month while it lasted.
  • stevec59
    stevec59 Posts: 296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    eskbanker wrote: »
    No, it doesn't make me wonder if Lloyds will change their T&Cs (on Club Lloyds or any other accounts requiring DDs), why would they?

In my mind they should change there T&C's because if they don't then I wont be able to get interest from them and therefore no point in having an account with them and I dare say that hundreds are in the same boat, so they loose loads of savers
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2018 at 3:27PM
    stevec59 wrote: »
    ... , so they loose loads of savers
    ... and that "loose" will boost their profits. Don't kid yourself.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,964 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    eskbanker wrote: »
    No, it doesn't make me wonder if Lloyds will change their T&Cs (on Club Lloyds or any other accounts requiring DDs), why would they?
    stevec59 wrote: »
    In my mind they should change there T&C's because if they don't then I wont be able to get interest from them and therefore no point in having an account with them and I dare say that hundreds are in the same boat, so they loose loads of savers

Most people will be resourceful enough to find alternatives to their Tesco DDs to satisfy the Lloyds Group conditions.
  • polymaff
    edited 14 April 2018 at 4:22PM
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Most people will be resourceful enough to find alternatives to their Tesco DDs to satisfy the Lloyds Group conditions.

If they think that it is worth it ahead of Club Lloyds and Bos Classic Vantage dropping their rates to 1.5% on 01/07/18. :(
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've been doing that since November 2017:cool::cool: If Post Office pull the facility, so be it. I will have enjoyed the Co-op £4 a month while it lasted.

If that happens, use CHIP instead. Or Plum. They work for me!
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • vixen1500
    vixen1500 Posts: 639 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    polymaff wrote: »
    If they think that it is worth it ahead of Club Lloyds and Bos Classic Vantage dropping their rates to 1.5% on 01/07/18. :(

Not heard anything about this - have you had a letter?
    Typically confused and asking for advice
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    vixen1500 wrote: »

On their website on the main current account page. No notification yet that I am aware of. Of course we could hope its for new customers only, but I doubt it.
  • polymaff
    vixen1500 wrote: »

No, but it on the relevant websites.

https://www.bankofscotland.co.uk/bankaccounts/vantage/

https://www.lloydsbank.com/current-accounts.asp?WT.ac=Products/Navigation/CurrentAccounts

End of an era - just about.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure