IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I got a reply from bw legal!

123457»

Comments

• Hiltop1
    Hiltop1 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Great, thanks!

In which case, with all your help, I have made it past the 6 years.

Phew......
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    well done .... :j

can I please ask if you complained to your MP as advised by several forum members .... earlier .......

if not then Please please ... do so as the next stage of the parliamentary debate will be on the horizon soon ... and every MP needs fed back from constituents on hoe to vote ....

Ralph:cool:
  • Hiltop1
    Yes I did. I wrote to PM, Oliver somebody (if my memory serves me right), my local MP, SRA, credit people and the body doing a review for parliament......sorry a bit vague but it was a while ago.

Would it help to write again?
  • Hiltop1
    I have also recently had a ticket cancelled - my 89 yr old dad and his sister overstayed in a disabled bay at Morrisons just before Christmas. They have lunch and shop, both use walking sticks, multiple toilet trips, and tbh it's amazing they don't go over 3 hrs more often!

Morrisons head office cancelled it straight away and very apologetic.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,644 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 1:08PM
    Hiltop1 wrote: »
    Yes I did. I wrote to PM, Oliver somebody (if my memory serves me right), my local MP, SRA, credit people and the body doing a review for parliament......sorry a bit vague but it was a while ago.

Would it help to write again?

It would help to write and tell Sir Greg Knight how horrendous it is that parking charge notices hang over people for six years (tell him about your case). After all, why should a private PCN be allowed to be pursued up to 6 years later like a real debt (credit agreement/mail order, or a utility or phone bill) or a trader/customer written agreement where there is usually a paper agreement and provable meeting of minds?

In private parking tickets there is no 'customer', no credit agreement, no meeting of minds or written contract, no debt and very often, registered keepers who were not even driving are mercilessly pursued or given CCJs for conduct that was never even their own (they may not even drive/have been in the car). It beggars belief that these fake PCNs get the same lengthy litigation timeline, as written credit agreements, especially 'keeper liability' being allowed to hang over people who might not even know about the PCN.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hiltop1 wrote: »
    Great, thanks!

In which case, with all your help, I have made it past the 6 years.

Phew......
    Of course you also have 6 years to bring a claim against them for harassment.:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure