Lloyds PPI Complaint - Unable to Review - Can I Appeal?

hi,

i recently got in touch with Lloyds Bank regarding a PPI policy on a credit card.

they got back to me today advising that they were unable to review my PPI mis-selling complaint as this was received outside the time limit for the submission of a complaint set by the FCA. as follows:

we wrote to you about your PPI policy on 23 June 2014. We explained that we had reviewed our PPI sales process and found that your PPI policy may have been mis-sold. We outlined common failings in PPI sales and invited you to respond to us promptly if any of these concerns applied to you. Where the PPI policy was sold more than 6 years ago, the FCA's complaint handling rules set a time limit of three years from the date that a consumer became aware that they had cause to complain. Your PPI sale occurred more than six years ago. We received your complaint on 31 January 2018. This is more than three years after our letter dated 23 June 2014. So, I'm unable to review your PPI mis-selling concerns.

They then offer to pay £6.46 within the next 28 days.

do i have any ground for appeal?

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Unfortunately not, they have correctly applied a time bar to your case. The only argument you would have is if you had moved and told them but they sent to an old address
  • Emily_Joy
    Emily_Joy Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    miche wrote: »
    I recently got in touch with Lloyds Bank regarding a PPI policy on a credit card. They got back to me today advising that they were unable to review my PPI mis-selling complaint as this was received outside the time limit for the submission of a complaint set by the FCA.
    Hi - I was just wondering at which stage of the complain you received the response? I have submitted an online request on their website and received a several pages form to fill it, which I have now filled and sent back...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,312 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    do i have any ground for appeal?

Your time to appear was back in 2014 when they sent the letter telling you that you can complain. The 3/6 year rule is an FCA one and they are allowed to do this. The FOS cannot look at timebarred cases as long as the timebar is applied correctly. (wrong address, as mentioned higher up, is one of those reasons that can get round it).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,312 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Emily_Joy wrote: »
    Hi - I was just wondering at which stage of the complain you received the response? I have submitted an online request on their website and received a several pages form to fill it, which I have now filled and sent back...

Your scenario does not appear to match that of the OP.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure