NatWest valuation

Options
So my mortgage broker has ported my mortgage offer from a property sale that fell through to a new one last week, I paid the new valuation fee Monday. My broker emailed today to say the valuation still hasn’t been booked but they will keep chasing.

Is this normal? When we first applied it was booked the same day and done 3 days later so I have no frame of reference here.

Bit miffed they have taken money but not booked anything

Comments

• MortgageMamma
    MortgageMamma Posts: 6,686 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It all depends on the workload of both the lender and firm of surveyors that will be doing the valuation. Give it until Friday then chase again.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    It could be the lender - unlikely.
    It could be the surveyor.
    It could be the agents.
    It could be the vendor.

No point getting miffed at anyone until you know who to be miffed at.
    Call the agents and ask if the surveyors have been in touch. Maybe get the number for the surveyors from your broker and ask the agents to call the surveyors?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jaywood89 wrote: »

Bit miffed they have taken money but not booked anything

Easter holidays ?
  • Jaywood89
    Jaywood89 Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, looks like it!!!8217;s to be worried about from what you are all saying. I wasn!!!8217;t even sure the suveyors booked with the vendor but now I think about it I!!!8217;m betting that!!!8217;s the issue, she!!!8217;s abit if a flakey woman from what I!!!8217;m learning. I!!!8217;ll give it the rest of the week before I start chasing people the.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    L&G Surveyors (NatWest, Santander, Metro Bank) are currently having service issues resulting in valuations taking longer and reports not getting back to lenders as quickly.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • the_quick
    the_quick Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We are going through process with natwest, application submitted Tuesday, surveyor contacted me on Wednesday to check details and later send paperwork to sign, they said they will call agents to arrange access, but not sure if they booked anything yet. But contact was already established
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    the_quick wrote: »
    We are going through process with natwest, application submitted Tuesday, surveyor contacted me on Wednesday to check details and later send paperwork to sign, they said they will call agents to arrange access, but not sure if they booked anything yet. But contact was already established
    You're having a more in-depth survey, rather than a basic mortgage report & valuation.

Typically the two are carried out by different people as higher qualifications are needed for the survey.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • walkersneed
    Options
    Natwest appointed L&G for my basic valuation, then when I switched to a homebuyer's survey they appointed Connells instead.

While L&G may be having service issues, Connells may be doing fine now.
  • Jaywood89
    Jaywood89 Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    Turns out it was the vendors.
    All booked for the 16th now. Hopefully we will have it back by the end of next week
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure