Evans halshaw changing offer

Options
cypher007
cypher007 Posts: 352 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 5 August 2018 at 8:49PM in Motoring
Yes I know they haven!!!8217;t got the best reputation.

Anyway offered £9910 on my car took the car to them about 5 day later so still within the quote time limit. They did an apparaisal and found nothing wrong with the car. They then kept me waiting about 15 mins while I assume someone at the head office came back with a buy price. It came back £9542? I asked why and they said it was because I had said it had a full service history when it wasn!!!8217;t actually due yet. Ok I thought I!!!8217;ll walk away and do a bit of research.

This is what I!!!8217;ve found it seems the service history is an excuse and it!!!8217;s more to do with the fact the first quote was on 1 August and the second on the 3rd August.

I figured this out by using the reg from 2 cars identical to mine and using the same mileage figure. I then put one with a full service history and one first service not due. Both came back at the same amount they have offered on my car.

My advice would be when you get the quote go straight there as early as possible.

As for me I wonder if I have any recourse to get them to pay me the original quote as it should have still valid. Will have a look a the t and c.

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is this car under 1 year old? Do you have a fully stamped service history?

If you said it had a full service history and it had not yet been serviced then i guess they are right. Your service book is devoid of any stamps.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• cypher007
    Options
    Yes the car is only 11 months old.

But as I’ve pointed out even if I had put first service not due it wouldn’t have made any difference.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    Options
    cypher007 wrote: »
    Yes the car is only 11 months old.

But as I’ve pointed out even if I had put first service not due it wouldn’t have made any difference.

I'm not sure what recourse you want? They don't have to buy your car at the end of the day, and you don't have to sell it if the offer price doesn't suit you.
  • cypher007
    edited 5 August 2018 at 9:52PM
    Options
    My point is earlier they quoted me online a price which is supposed to be valid for about 7 days dependant on condition. Fair enough. But to then reduce it using an excuse which when tested doesnt hold water annoys me.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My point is earlier they quoted me online a price which is supposed to be valid for about 7 days dependant on condition. Fair enough. But to then reduce it using an excuse which when tested doesn!!!8217;t hold water annoys me.

So take your business elsewhere.
  • wgl2014
    wgl2014 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe try a main dealer, 11 month old car would fit nicely into their showroom.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    Options
    wgl2014 wrote: »
    Maybe try a main dealer, 11 month old car would fit nicely into their showroom.

As long as they get it at a price they can profit on.
  • wgl2014
    wgl2014 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    DUTR wrote: »
    As long as they get it at a price they can profit on.

I don't disagree (they would be fairly rubbish as a business if they paid more than retail!) however they may be able to sell it on as an approved used at a higher price. That could mean a better offer for the OP..... Might not but worth trying!
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    Options
    My point is earlier they quoted me online a price which is supposed to be valid for about 7 days dependant on condition. Fair enough. But to then reduce it using an excuse which when tested doesnt hold water annoys me.

They quoted you a price where you told them it had a full service history. But you have not provided them a service history.

My previous car had gone through 2 services, 2 sets of brake pads and on its 3rd set of tyres at that age.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• cypher007
    edited 6 August 2018 at 12:33AM
    Options
    They quoted you a price where you told them it had a full service history. But you have not provided them a service history.

My previous car had gone through 2 services, 2 sets of brake pads and on its 3rd set of tyres at that age.

The car has only done 5000 miles. It isn!!!8217;t due yet. I!!!8217;ve already explained they are using this as an excuse to reduce the price to the new price they are offering on the similar cars with a full service or first service not due.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure