Focus, Action & Consistency is the Key!

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    Rain here . About time tbh. Might get some proper sleep now .
    Friday also :)
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm at work and the rain is coming down so hard it looks like I'm in a car wash! Yay to rain! We've had some drizzle days, but nothing like this. As long as I don't have to be outside during a storm I'm very happy!

Thanks Tink and AC. I hope you're experiencing this lovely rain today too.

MT
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Was like that here earlier too!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    I went through my budget details for August and have overspent again. I needed a mattress topper, and got one for a bargain as my friend currently works for the company and he's leaving soon, so hopefully that's the last of the unexpected, or earlier than wished for spending.

This week and weekend I've decided to do as little going out as possible, which is all looking very doable right now. I don't get paid until next week, so want to just save as much as I can before the September budget becomes available.

I do plan to flip my current mattress (super king size with springs so it may kill me!) so that I can put my new topper on and hopefully have a joyous and comfortable sleeping experience. I'm working from home on Friday, so I think I'll do it then.

I did also book a Christmas weekend trip away today which i paid out for, but will get most of the money back. I'm trying to work out how to add that to YNAB without it setting off any nasty alarms. Although I guess I could take the money for it out of my untracked investments so that it doesn't really affect my standard budget. I think that makes the most sense.

Well it's the start of another fresh week. Already it's feeling like it's dragging but I think that's because I didn't sleep so well this weekend. An early night should be the ticket!

MT xx
  • another_casualty
    Options
    How's the topper MT?
    I have king size , and find it a pita putting that and the mattress protector etc on . The fitted sheets are the worst. As I crawl over one corner, the corner opposite decides to unspring itself . Repeat .

Humid again today . Apparently tomorrow onwards will be fresher.
    No complaints here :)
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Hello AC. The topper is like a cloud, it's so comfortable. I'm finding the same issue with the fitted sheets though. Takes me a while to get it right.

Seems a world away since we had humidity. Now it's just so much rain!
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Well, here I am again after a couple of months away. I've spent that time rejigging my needs though so I have a plan again.

I've also requested to go back to part time, and that's been approved. It starts in January so I'm really looking forward to that.

I'll put up another detailed post soon about my plans. It's nice to have a path again.

Happy Hump Day!

MT
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Hello MT

I had to pop in after reading the title of your diary! You've summed my life up ��

congratulations on going to part time, hope it goes well. I reduced my hours just over a year ago from a busy week to just 17 hours a week in a new role. I felt like a weight had been lifted and it gave me time to adjust work/life balance.
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Thanks Choccygirl.

I struggle to maintain the focus and consistency but it's a work in progress.

Isn't it nice working less hours. I can't seem to find a work/life balance easily on full time hours.
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    It's been an amazing change in our families life and hubby and kids seem so much happier. I've been offered another 12hours which I'm thinking of taking when I'm back to work. Ill health has slowed me right down and sick pay a shock. Thinking of accepting extra hours to get debt killed quicker. It's a comprise but guess worth a try as only 3 x 4hours.

You need to make time for you x
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport