Dreams and wishes....

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Am resisting the urge to splurge on the online sales....although I have seen a dress I like the look of to wear to my brother's wedding in 2018...

I've been very productive this morning, doing lots of planning for the new term.

Going to put the £2 DD gave me yesterday in case I needed cash for parking into the sealed tin at her suggestion. Still have no cash in my purse and have nearly £30 left of the credit, so will probably use that on putting petrol in the car.

Going over to a chum's for dinner and drinkies tonight, yay! Have a visitor parking permit ready as she lives in the same area as KW, so hopefully it'll be a NSD.
  • Kittikins
    edited 30 December 2017 at 4:12PM
    Okay, so I may have bought a dress, shrug and shoes for my brother's wedding in the sales :) As is my way with online clothes shopping, I've bought multiples sizes and colours with the aim of keeping just one of each!

The £2 has gone into the tin. I'm bored of planning now, so think I'll do a bit more attempting to tidy up the mess I made the other day attempting to declutter!! If I do a few 15 minute bursts, it may ease the pain....

Was reading on here somewhere about how if you've not looked at something for 6 months, ditch it - I've got so much in the way of teaching ideas and paperwork that I've not looked at at all, but am so scared to get rid unless I do need it one day! Think I need to be ruthless, as when we move, KW and I will be sharing a corner of the bedroom as our work area, and we won't want a gazillion files taking up space, will we?!?
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    I decluttered a kitchen cupboard or two today rather than do work. I think if you bought the clothes in the sale that is great. :j
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Found 2p on the street, which will go into the seaside pot :)

Spent.....as we went to Homebase and bought an incinerator for the allotment, and a bug hotel for my mummykins' birthday present. KW has had his eye on an incinerator since the day we took on allotment 1, and as he's paid for allotment 2 outright, I thought I'd get him his special treat :)

Also bought us veggie lunch at McD's...hmm....but it was our NY eve night out as it were, as I'm spending the night here with DD, so that's how I can justify that spending!

Finally got some YS bread thins from MrT's, perfect for picnics. I've shoved them in the freezer, ready for netball match days and days out with KW. Netball Sundays will be starting next Sunday, gulp!
  • Kittikins
    Happy New Year! DD and I spent it watching films on our respective laptops, then we joined together for the fireworks :)

I'm not going to make resolutions, but ambitions for the year instead:

* Treat myself kinder, both mentally and physically (i.e. don't beat myself up all the time and try to stop eating myself into an early grave!)

* Spend less time faffing on t'internet, be more focussed so I waste less time. The other day whilst decluttering, I put a 15 minute timer on, and found I got loads more done. I'll aim to do this with my blog reading and general mooching, so that I can be more effective with my planning and school work.

* Once we get settled into our house (fingers crossed), find a church we can all be involved in.
  • Kittikins
    I've already spent £15.08 today!!

Bought a gazillion vegetable seeds online for our allotments :) Free postage and a shed-load cheaper than buying in the shops. We will be feeding the whole of the South at this rate!

KW has been at the allotments for about 6 hours and has done the work of at least 3 men; he's been sending me photos and I'm feeling a tad guilty that I'm sitting on my backside doing sweet FA :)

I'm also feeling great that I'm starting the year 7lb lighter than I did last year. Not going to 'diet' as such, just want to look after myself more.
  • Kittikins
    Woop, woop - have just put some DVDs on to sell on Ziffit and got 10% extra, so will have £9ish coming my way once I pack them up.

Haven't yet been paid for the other things I sent just before Christmas, so once that comes in, the total will be £34.75 to go into savings. Yay!

Tried to persuade KW to look through his DVDs to sell some (he has a HUGE collection), but he will keeping all bar any duplicates. Never mind, I did well with his duplicate books last year, so not going to grumble :)

Back to the mess!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Well done on raising money and selling dvds and on getting cheap seeds too. It might be worth popping into a garden centre as they often sell products at reduced prices. I go once every blue moon and get some plants for 50p. I think I have put on the 7lbs you lost! lol.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Bought a few bits of yummy food yesterday, all YS or on offer, and took out pocket money for DD for the month. NSD today, free lunch and put 20p into the sealed tin. Go me!!

Went back to school today and was ready to walk out after 2 minutes :( The lack of respect shown me by the Head is horrible. I'm really going to be praying, lighting candles, doing whatever I can to help me stay positive this term.

At least I had an amazing holiday, stayed at KW's yesterday so had a chilled out start to the day and am still hopeful of the mortgage; I'll hopefully hear something tomorrow, to let me know that we can at least apply.
  • Kittikins
    We CAN apply for a decision in principle :) Sooooo excited it's not true. KW's salary, and the fact he'll officially be paying half the bills, has made the 'affordability' more comfortable. Huge relief!

I put 70p into the tin, and the cardi and shoes have arrived for my bro's wedding. I bought 2 colours of cardi and 2 sizes of each, and am keeping 1 of them, a silver beaded shrug as I think it will look nice with a navy wrapover dress. The supposedly pink one that I wanted to go with the dress I've ordered, looks vile, so they haven't even come out of their packaging.

So, I'll only have spent £13.07 on the shrug.

When the dress (es, again different sizes for fit) arrives, I'll probably not keep it as I can wear the navy and silver combo. Yay, more money saved!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure