PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,147 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Pleasures for today (Friday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Took bigger son to work at Go Ape where he continues to have fun.

3) Had a long walk through the forest after dropping him off - went on the longest of the signposted walks which must be 5-6 miles.

4) Hens well.

5) Omelettes for lunch.

6) Chips from the van for tea.

7) Helped bigger son fill in some paperwork for Nepal and set up his Go Fund Me page. He wants to climb the height of Everest, which will be 418 times up the climbing wall :-O The first problem we have is finding enough other climbers to belay him for 16 hours and how we can get the sports centre to stay open...

8) Bigger son went to games night with my brother and brother in law.

9) Smaller son's voice is breaking (a bit more) so he is laughing online with his friend and making whale noises!

10) Watched Gogglebox and the Last Leg. Will listen to the radio just now.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Good Morning,

Been down to 'That London' as DMiL calls it.

Wednesday

1. Train at a decent hour, so packed in the morning, and dropped DS2 at school for a project, and had breakfast in Cafe Rouge before getting the train.

2. Snoozed on the train.

3. Cutty Sark. Interesting exhibits. It is a shame that most of the ship is covered. We had a cup of tea in the pub garden next door, looking up into the rigging and a beautiful blue sky. 'Tea under the Tea Clipper'.......I should patent that idea :rotfl:

4. Walk along the Thames in the dark and through Borough Market as it closed.

5. Dinner at Prezzo with a voucher.

Thursday

1. Good nights sleep at the Travelodge. We were exhausted :o

2. Went mad and paid real money for breakfast at Bills. :eek: Propper hipster food.

3. Queens Gallery at Buckingham Palace to see Russian exhibitions. One beautiful, the other sad and thought provoking. Liz was at home and there were lots of ladies in hats, and chaps in dress uniform with swords.

4. Back to Borough Market for lunch. All that beautiful organic food and I had a tray of chips :rotfl: Just right.

5. Wandered around the Inns of Court in the sunshine for the afternoon. So quiet for the centre of London.....The sound of thinking or the sound of money being made ? Lots of interesting buildings, and pretty gardens.

6. A Grand Day Out :)

Frith Point us to the Go fund Me page. we might be able to help. We might know some climbers too!

Have a lovely day :)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Friday pleasures,

Mushrooms on toast for breakfast.

Did battle with the Friday crowds to pick up provisions for our weekend away.

Little dog got a bit fretful as we loaded up the car but happy once she was strapped in too.

The drive down to Norfolk in the afternoon sunshine, saw so many snowdrops in the passing woods, must be a good year for them.

Our holiday cottage is smashing with a garden down to the river and woods on the opposite bank.

Trip into Holt to pick up fish & chips, the queue was out of the door and apparently canny locals pre-order :( We were going to head back to cottage for cheese on toast when found a deli still open and picked up a couple of delicious steak pasties.

Little dog snuggled down in her basket and was fine, as long as we are there she is content.
  • Jenny’s Birthday

Seven years since Jenny was fitted!

Here she goes :heartpuls :heartpuls :heartpuls :heartpuls :heartpuls :heartpuls :heartpuls

Now Vets Breakfast. Snorkers are waiting!
  • 1. Suns out and washing is on the line.
    2. Made fresh bread buns, very scrummy.
    3. Made up mushroom and leek pie filling for tomorrows Sunday lunch in advance.
    4. Got a blessed lie in!
    5. Haven't needed to leave the house today.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Back again.....

Yesterday

1. Attacked bathroom cupboard with jigsaw. Made a hole for new pipe to fit through. Needed a bit of help from DS2 to get the cupboard back in place, but otherwise......all my own work :j

2. More coupon shopping.

3. IKEA with DH when he finished work. Meatballs for tea. A free charge for the car. Under £30 spent :cool:

4. Watched an episode of Shetland when we got home.

5. Early night, cos still exhaughsted from London trip.

Today

1. Up early to take car for it's service. Everything OK.

2. Went to posh local town centre while car was in the garage. Looked at beautiful furniture, paint colours in Farrow and Ball, until we could pick up the car.

3. Stir fry for lunch.

4. DS2 helped cut logs and move tree branches. Now we have fire wood and a much tidier garden.

5. A nice cup of tea and a Watsapp chat with DD.

DH on his way home from the hospital after saying final goodbye to his aunt. A wonderful lady, full of life and laughter. Sad.

Have a lovely evening :)
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hello and happy birthday to Jenny may she keep on beating and sharing her love !

Quieter day. Aching muscles after all that humphing yesterday.

Community garden chap came and lifted some slabs. Had a good chat and will hopefully get a chance to go and see it soon.

Had been to T for fruit and milk and bread.

Had a roll and slice when I got in.

Pottered about downstairs. Tidying, hoovering and dusting.

Snooooooze with Haggis on the sofa .

Made mince and 10p mashed potatoes from the freezer. Suitably yummy.

Lovely chat with SIL on phone .
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,147 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Pleasures for today (Saturday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Took bigger son to work and followed the green route through the forest (legs aching slightly after the red route yesterday!).

3) Hens well and I cleaned their sleeping quarters out.

4) Kedgeree for tea and smaller son just made some flapjacks.

5) Have made an account on plentyoffish, which is an eye opener! A stream of emails, only 4 worth replying to. Only one really weird man - I thought there might be a higher per centage than that.

6) Watched Casualty.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    For past couple of days.
    Friday

1. Met my sister and went to exhibition at the British museum. It was very interesting.

2. Had a walk to around Covent garden and had mussels and chips for lunch.

3. More walking and some window shopping while having a good catch up. We didn't buy anything.

4. Went to National portrait gallery and had a look round a couple of the galleries before a coffee in the cafe there. We sat where you can look up to see the sky as the cafe is in the basement.

5. Leisurely walk back to station and we had a wonderful day and the weather was really good.

6. Trains worked out well and DS2 had cooked.

Saturday

1. Chat with friend on phone and much laughter.

2. DS1 drive me to rugby and no problems with the traffic.

3. Enjoyed rugby and a colleague sat near us with her Dad and had a drink and talked to them.

4. We won and then stayed to watch England on big screen. Good atmosphere but not good result.

5. Back to London and then had Italian meal in London with DH. We had a lovely meal and talked.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Many happy returns to Jenny..

Pleasures for Friday

1. Good journey to ICT. No shuffles.
    2. Did a circuit by the sea, the oncoming sunset was amazing. I took a photo and posted on FB,
    3. Next thing, I got a message from my sister in law, who i'd forgotten was at her sister's in ICT. Would I like a walk with her and Oscar the dog? Oh yes, so we went for another beach walk.
    4. Then went back to hers for tea - that she bought and paid for, cooked and washed up!! result. My SiL can sometimes be quite demanding and manipulative, though I love her dearly, she was one of my best friends before she married BiL and is the reason, really, that OH and I met at all. But this was perfect.

5. She was leaving yesterday and so she gave me the bunch of daffs she'd bought..:T

And for yesterday

1. Mostly a worky day. It's nice to be carrying on with something different to what I've been doing so far this year and, after my knock back on Tuesday, I needed to do something new.
    2. Got the refund pessimistic OH thought we wouldn't get from the co-op. They couldn't have been more helpful
    3. It stopped raining just before my cycle ride to the pub for the rugby. lots of gin
    4. the Welsh won!! :T I was the only one in our group who put them to win in the sweep, so I won £7!! :rotfl:
    5. cycle ride back in the dark after 4 gins and no food :rotfl: Luckily it's pretty much all on a cycle track. OH arrived from his football match just after i'd finished my egg on toast.

Today we are planning a walk in the hills as it looks to be sunny.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure