We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Query about Bauer 6-Month ban if you win over £500

Joolski
Joolski Posts: 196
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 15 November 2019 at 9:42AM in Compers chat corner
I've got a query regarding the Bauer rule where you mustn't enter their radio comps for 6 months if you have won a prize over £500...

Does anyone know if this rule also includes the magazines (eg: Take A Break, etc) - because I've only just noticed that they are owned by Bauer Media too?!

So I'm trying to work out if I've won a radio prize, can I continue to enter the magazines or not?

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,880
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 15 November 2019 at 10:20AM
    It's a prize of £500 or more and they are all Bauer media brands and link to the same terms and conditions (digital, magazines, radio, tv), many of their brands are listed here

https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/brands

(A win can knock you out of over £1,000,000 in cash prizes but you will have won a prize worth at least £500)

the general terms and conditions which apply to all of our competitions
    no person or persons at the same residential address may win more than one prize valued at £500 or more via any of our Competitions in any given six (6) month period.

• One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,251
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Remember that the restriction only prevents you winning another prize worth at least £500. You can still win prizes worth less than that.
  • Joolski
    Joolski Posts: 196
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thank you. And thanks One-Eye, for the note about still being able to enter comps worth less than £500. I had just been wondering about that.

Really hadn't realised the magazines came under Bauer too. Astonishing amount of things they own!
  • wow - big list hadn't realised!
    do they tell you if you are excluded due to a prize win?
  • thingamaBob
    thingamaBob Posts: 21,232
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    wow - big list hadn't realised!
    do they tell you if you are excluded due to a prize win?

I recently won a big cash prize in a Take a Break comp and it was not mentioned at all that I could not enter £500 + comps for the next 6 months but their General T&C's are quite clear:-
    4.11  Prize Limits

The prize is as specified in the Specific Terms. Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Terms, each entrant is limited to winning one prize per Competition. There is no limit on the value of a single prize that may be provided to the individual winners of a Competition. However, no person or persons at the same residential address may win more than one prize valued at £500 or more via any of our Competitions in any given six (6) month period.

If a previous winner (of a prize valued at £500 or more in the last six months) is drawn at random in a subsequent Competition, or subsequent round of the same Competition within six months then they will be disqualified, and another entrant will be drawn. If it emerges after a winner has been awarded a prize that they are a previous winner of a prize valued at £500 or more in the last six months, in breach of these terms and conditions, they will be excluded and the prize shall not be paid or delivered to them. If the prize has already been paid or delivered, this must be returned immediately upon request. For clarity, it is possible to be drawn more than once to play a Competition and if an entrant has not previously won a prize valued at £500 or more in the last six months, they are eligible to play the same Competition again.
  • Joolski wrote: »
    I've got a query regarding the Bauer rule where you mustn't enter their radio comps for 6 months if you have won a prize over £500...

Does anyone know if this rule also includes the magazines (eg: Take A Break, etc) - because I've only just noticed that they are owned by Bauer Media too?!

So I'm trying to work out if I've won a radio prize, can I continue to enter the magazines or not?

How do you know the true value. They haven’t told me. I hazarding a guess my win yesterday was worth around £650
    I guess I won’t risk entering any more Bauer comps till next June
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375
    Forumite
    You can check which magazines, radio and tv Bauer own here: https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/brands
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,880
    Forumite
    How do you know the true value. They haven’t told me. I hazarding a guess my win yesterday was worth around £650
    I guess I won’t risk entering any more Bauer comps till next June

Based on the values they often used on the Clicktowins if there is an RRP they are likely to be nearer that for a value than the (usually lower) price you would pay.

Based on the suppliers prices and the generally available ones I would agree with around £650.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure