Cancelling large appliance order from ebay retailer outlet.

Korkyb
Korkyb Posts: 623 Forumite
First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
hi all

I ordered a washing machine from Crampton and Moore ebay store 16 days ago.

Now around 5 days past the estimated delivery and courier tracking shows that courier doesn't even have the item yet.

If I cancel the order will I be liable for any delivery / return costs (or out of pocket in any other way)?

Thanks!
Was it really "everybody" that was Kung Fu fighting ???

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Korkyb wrote: »
    hi all

Now around 5 days past the estimated delivery and courier tracking shows that courier don't even have the item yet.

If I cancel the order will I be liable for any delivery / return costs (or out of pocket in any other way)?

Thanks!

This is a tricky one, have you spoken to the retailer to ask what is going on as their star for dispatch is actually very good.

You can request a cancellation on ebay but the seller has to agree , but if you do want to cancel then put in a request, phone ebay and explain that the delivery estimate has come and gone and this has not been dispatched - and ask them to get the cancellation request actioned. It might work.

Alternatively force a delivery or refund by opening an INR case, then if item doesn't arrive within 8 days you get a refund anyway, and seller might well just refund you if they haven't already sent it. However, if seller can get it to you before the 8 days then an INR will fail and returning it after that point will cost you money.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Korkyb
    edited 15 November 2019 at 9:16AM
    Called the retailer this morning & they are looking into the issue.

Ebay tracking says item sent.

Courier tracking says not picked up from retailer.

Expecting a call back soon....
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ebay tracking will show as sent as the company have organised delivery even though it may not have been picked yet.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    hi all

Now around 5 days past the estimated delivery and courier tracking shows that courier doesn't even have the item yet.

Thanks!
    Sounds like you're getting sorted. The answer to the last question is largely no. The only problem I could see was if you accepted delivery and then asked for it to be returned. You should still have 14 days to change your mind from receipt but could be liable for return costs as you'd accepted it.
    It sounds like a reputable seller so they should honour a return of an unopened item if you've had to get one elsewhere whilst waiting for their slow delivery.

On the courier it may well be the courier's fault. I've occasionally had courier collected items that show as not collected after they've picked up. It's how/when they scan it. It could well be stuck on a van somewhere waiting for someone to scan the barcode. It might be worth messaging the courier if the seller is slow responding. The couriers sometimes ask the sender to get in touch but they can sometimes find it.
  • Korkyb
    edited 25 November 2019 at 6:03AM
    Apologies for taking so long to update.

I'm still not sure what the reason for the delivery delay was.

When I asked the company about how I would go about cancelling the order they offered £50 as compensation to continue with order.

Item now delivered & I have an extra £50 to spend on wine & wimmen.

Happy days.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Apologies for taking so long to update.

I'm still not sure what the reason for the delivery delay was.

When I asked the company about how I would go about cancelling the order they offered £50 as compensation to continue with order.

Item now delivered & I have an extra £50 to spend on wine & wimmen.

Happy days.

Not a bad result and very good customer service. The way a company handles a problem is always a good way of knowing how good that company is.

Thank you for updating
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure