NST March 2019: WINS against the debt

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Got engrossed in something yesterday and only realised I hadn't checked in when I was in bed. Sorry.

So just a short one. NSD 5/15
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Sunday was NSD #6 however I think I'll need to ruin today's attempt as I have no food bags left and I've a got a pan of curried cod which I need to pack in the freezer!!! Damn. Hate it when it's a small spend that ruins my NSD.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    greent and all other poorlies - get well soon.

apple - we have a blackbird here that can mimic an ambulance, he does the long siren followed by the short bursts, very, very realistic, so much so that at dawn one day last week I was convinced it was an ambulance until it just carried on and on.

Weather yesterday was hail, snow and rain with bright sunshine inbetween, took the dog for a long walk and got all three.

Got my sewing machine out yesterday and re-hemmed a skirt, I could have used the iron on hemming web but wanted to do a blind hem to remind myself how to use it it's been so long, DD is doing a sewing project for her D of E so I need to teach her, I think we will make a single lined curtain for our landing window. Just recently a sewing shop has opened in our village, you can sew there for £6/hr using her equipment and she also helps you, she runs courses too, one evening last week I was out running and passed by the windows, oh my it looked gorgeous, fabric and haberdashery items everywhere, vintage sewing machines on display and a gaggle of ladies sewing.

Hoping to get out for a run today and a dog walk, lunch is spinach and chickpea curry from last night and tea is naked burrittos.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon Turtles

NSD 6/15

Waste management
    Food

Lunch was cheese and tomato sandwiches and dinner will be the remains of yesterday's roast beef with roast potatoes from the freezer. Have also taken out an apple pie, three mince pies and sausages for a casserole for tomorrow.

Recycling
    Nothing today

Utilities
    First .week of doing a weekly wash. Three full loads done at low temperature quick wash. Weather wasn't good enough for line drying so it's all hanging upstairs. Hopefully dry enough to iron tomorrow.

Money
    Got a letter today rejecting PPI claim as it was out of time to claim. Rather suspected that was the case but they have awarded me £227,00 as a result of the Plevin ruling. A nice surprise. I have another claim pending which I think is also out of time but you never know what might come of that.

Invest in yourself
    Himself said to me yesterday that he feels that he is getting old as (apart from holidays) he doesn't feel like going out anywhere. Must admit I feel the same way about going out but I don't think it's a very healthy attitude so I'm going to try to persuade him that we should make the effort. Maybe a little bit of a walk and a cheap lunch somewhere.

Needs not wants
    Haven't spend anything

Simplicity
    Still trying to get into a routine. I keep seeing more and more that needs done.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    No spends today - work and then housework. Spends tomorrow - shoelaces and lightbulbs (and possibly diesel)

Waste management:
    - Food waste – Sent DD back to uni with some excess food from freezer. Dinner tonight is risotto with YS mushrooms form last week and chicken scraps after making stock at Xmas :)
    - Utilities – line dried washing today
    - Money – HAs been a slightly spendy first third of the month - need to reel it back in

Invest in yourself
    - Happy feeling slightly better today - still full of lots of sn0t but head is less woolly and temperature is normal :) Will likely have an early night

- Gratitudes – for having enough fuel in the car to jump straight in with DS3 when DS2 missed his school bus tonight, a straightforward morning at work, my mum doing the morning school run for DS3

Simplicity
    - Routines – fell off the wagon last week as felt rough - will do less than normal this week
    - Simplify your stuff – took another mug into work today, HAve a very full box of stuff for CS - will aim to drop off tomorrow
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My sore throat went as quick as it came, very bizarre but I will take it as a win. I still feel extremely tired though so will go to bed early.

Waste management:
    - Food waste – another soup gone from the freezer. No waste from dinner.
    - Plastics – recycled a few bits of plastic from the fishcakes we had
    - Utilities – no washing out today as so cold
    - Money – no spends today
    Invest in yourself
    - Happy started calorie counting again so feeling good about that and I did 20 minutes on the exercise bike
    - Steps forward – as above
    - Skill – will leave cross stitching tonight as fairly tired.

Needs not wants
    - ongoing
    - Gratitudes – grateful for soup in the freezer for lunch as it was so cold today.

Simplicity
    - Routines – livingroom dusted this evening and stairs cleaned before work this morning.
    - Simplify your stuff – shelf in cupboard which had magazines on now cleared
    - Make space for yourself – still to do
    - Noise – will try.
    - Be frugal in your needs – still trying

Non-negotiables:
    [FONT=&quot]15 NSDs[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. 5/15
    [/FONT]Budget – Grocery - £0/£250 – need to tot this up
    NO spending in coffee shops, work canteens, vending machines – 7/31[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for my manic Monday being a little less manic than normal, for a good mentoring session, for pleasant colleagues, for an interesting after-sch meeting, for not being slowed up by the roadworks tonight, for the sight of dd curled up on the sofa snuggled under a blanket and doing her homework, for dh making dinner, for sorting out part of dd's wardrobe.

Kerry Woman - I guess your event was cancelled due to the weather?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    SFD number 5 today. I had you manic Monday Apple! But I’m sure the rest of the week will get better, fingers crossed.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Went to my podiatrist appointment - all fine but just getting there wiped me out - brisk hobble across the car park and town square, little bus to infirmary, walk into infirmary as far as the lift and round the corner then same in reverse after the appointment.

I could really have slept all day but have tried to do some bits. Long conversation with mum who said she was quite all right (think she had extra weekend visitors and was all peopled out) and I should take an extra day to rest.

Spent 4 pounds 60 pence on all day ticket for little bus. I am feeling better (apart from lurching dizziness which is now happening when I am in bed - help, the room won't stop going round unless I hold my head up with my neck at a funny angle) but am so tired. Will just keep plodding for now.

Today I am grateful for mostly good weather (bit of everything in there really), for good books and for sleep.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,872 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 11 March 2019 at 10:33PM
    Today turned into NSD7, I sorted lots of fabric into piles for various projects, found my 21 yr old wedding dress fabric (yay!) in a suitcase. Will repurpose into something I can wear often. It is such a lovely deep green colour.

Plenty of teal velvet to be turned into cushion covers and I need to recover a large footstool - I can do all of this without spending any money. Cleared an entire floor to ceiling thin cupboard, so it is now empty. Big charity pile, small selling pile, can't fine a lovely vest top I was going to turn into a dress, I fear I may have charity shopped it in a moment of madness. Argh! Hoping it will turn up in a box somewhere.

So, tomorrow will be mucking about trying to remember how the sewing machine works, and messing about with a stapler. All good cheap fun.

And hayfever sucks already. I have the cough, the sneezes, and my eyes are itching out of my head. Time to hit the (anti-histi) bottle again.

Mothernerd - do you think you might have an ear infection? or have you been diagnosed with vertigo? I can't remember.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport