Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• Joined this Utility company June 2018 - big mistake . Within one month , first price increase - 6.5% ! 2nd Oct. saw the second price increase - 7.4% !! . 13th October saw the 3rd increase of 8.4% for electricity and 7.4% for gas . Finally now they are changing the d/debit . Charging nearly double per month during 6 months of winter and less in summer !!! They obviously have a serious problem and do not understand that the use of d/debit is to spread cost out -" EVENLY " over a year .
  • Does anyone recognise the name 'Foxglove energy'? Have had an email from them after switching away from Outfox.
  • yes, it is just one of the companies ran by the one of the directors of Out Fox the market
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/KmWrGWnnb6GW8_WmNSwk1nBRZfE/appointments
  • Outfox The Market have now reduced my direct debit down to a 12 month average which is less than what I signed up to!

I signed up October at £56.43 a month. Then with the direct email last week they changed this to £98.75 winter and £42.32 summer. Today they have changed this to £74.08 and £31.75. Average out at £52.91 now!

I never sent them any pictures of my meters. I just complained, complained and complained some more.

I complained initially on Facebook but they deleted my post. So I wrote on there again and they deleted this one also and then blocked me. So I then complained on Fischer energy Facebook page and eventually got an email from Brad Goodfellow. So I complained to him also and it did not take a genius to guess Keith Bastion’s email from this so copied him in.

I asked for them to send me through the gas and elec consumption figures for the first winter direct debit change. I told them if they had pushed me into a higher electric membership range this would be fraud.

I also web chatted on Saturday.

This morning I got an email from someone else at Fischer Energy giving me my new direct debit values. He said “I have also looked at your usage based on the readings provided so far for electricity, and we are happy to change your direct debit”. So I take it from that it was inflated Electric usage which is what they would have benefited most from.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Spotted on the email:
    Dear Customer,

Following the recent changes to our direct debit policy we have helped thousands of customers manage their accounts with payments that accurately match their energy use.

We are keen to assist everyone who wishes to discuss their payments and you can contact us via the methods listed below. As you might appreciate, demand is higher than usual, but we will respond to everyone individually and we thank you for your continued patience.

IMPORTANT

We have had some feedback from customers concerned that the new winter uplift will be their new payment for the next 12 months. THIS IS NOT CORRECT. To be abundantly clear, these payments will be limited to December, January, February and March. Your payments will then be reduced to the much lower summer schedule for April, May, June, July, August and September. The winter uplift will then begin again in October 2019.

REFUNDS

If your account is in credit and sufficient to cover a minimum of two months consumption, we will happily process any refunds.

THE COST TO SUPPLY ENERGY

Unfortunately, there is no credit card for energy and we purchase it in advance. This allows us to provide the cheap rates we do. In return, we ask our customers to pay for the energy they consume which results in cheaper energy for everyone.

Companies who offer a fixed monthly direct debit will charge you higher rates and once the winter is over, are likely to increase your direct debit payments and/or ask you to pay a lump sum. What really matters is the price you pay per unit.

WHOLESALE

We pass on a true reflection of the cost of energy to our customers and the price you pay remains one of the cheapest in your region and the UK.

This company was set up to do things differently and over the last 18 months we have helped thousands of customers significantly reduce their energy costs. We can continue to keep our prices low if our customers simply pay for the energy they use. You can help us with this by reading your meter every month.
    We are working hard to reply to every email and once again, we thank you for your patience.

Yours sincerely
    OTM Team
  • My Tariff is Zapp! September but on uSwicth there are about 5 versions of this, how do I work out which tariff I'm on.
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • Only until December, which is the rate you really want to compare against and comparison sites are not yet using. It's frustrating.

I think the different tariffs are for the different memebership fees.
  • allison445
    allison445 Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 November 2018 at 6:19PM
    My Tariff is Zapp! September but on uSwicth there are about 5 versions of this, how do I work out which tariff I'm on.

Depends on your membership fee I only discovered by inputting all the options till I got to the right unit and yearly fee that I am on the zapp high user I use approx 240 units a month and thought I was on the medium membership with this and all the other increases and of course the direct debit increasing from £41 to £72 Ive already switched,
  • After 3 ignored e-mails I thought I would try speaking in their own tone

‘Dear Sir/Madam,

You have now ignored 3 e-mails from me and continue to send generic and unhelpful e-mails. Have you not realised that your proposed changes to my direct debit are unlawful and will not be acceptable to any of your customers or to OFGEM.

As you continue to ignore my e-mails of complaint my direct debit has been cancelled. You were given fair warning that this would occur. As such I trust you will not suffer BILL SHOCK. You may continue to receive payment from a small amount of customers if you reinstate customer service which someone may pay for.

To avoid bill shock in the future I suggest you consider your commitments to your customers and their needs in future and not try and introduce unfair and unlawful changes.’
    Save £12k in 2012 no.34 £650/£12,000
  • I had 2 emails this morning from them at 4am, seemingly reversing the variable DD.

So, mine's going up from £35.27 to £49.38 until further notice.

Odd, as that's 40% increase not the 25% ish I'd expect (having had no increases in my DD at all since I joined 5 or 6 months ago so was due a hike).

Wish they'd make their mind up.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure