Extreme couponing !

Comments

• Derivative
    Derivative Posts: 1,698 Forumite
    SueP19 wrote: »
    I am sorry EdgEy that you feel it's a .............what was it "half-arsed attempt" to tell yourself you are saving money. The way I see it, 30p is better in my bank than in the sm's bank, it may only be a paltry amount BUT a penny saved is a penny earned etc

It just feels a bit like the wording used in advertising. Buy the new JML Ultra Mop and "save" £5 on purchase price.

Not too useful if it's more expensive than a mop from Tesco anyway.

Great if you were going to buy it, useless if not!

I would appreciate it if anyone could get me some coupons useful for a single male student - it sounds like a fun budgeting game to play if you can win.
    Said Aristippus, “If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.”
    Said Diogenes, “Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.”[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
  • hi NCO
    1st page also has a shopping list of offers to use with coupons
    Thank you, nearly free or wait til its on offer as well - thats more like it - I will keep checking the list! I do see edys point though - when i looked at that particular list I couldnt find anything to buy, maybe Dec is an off month.
  • hi edgey

why not pop back onto coupon thread
    you say many are useless to you , perhap we could help better if we know what you in need of.

BUT
    i don't pop up here that often but am on coupon thread everyday, several times aday
    so if you want to catch me pop over to coupon thread for any help/info.

EdgEy wrote: »
    It just feels a bit like the wording used in advertising. Buy the new JML Ultra Mop and "save" £5 on purchase price.

I would appreciate it if anyone could get me some coupons useful for a single male student - it sounds like a fun budgeting game to play if you can win.
  • Derivative
    Derivative Posts: 1,698 Forumite
    hi edgey

why not pop back onto coupon thread
    you say many are useless to you , perhap we could help better if we know what you in need of.

BUT
    i don't pop up here that often but am on coupon thread everyday, several times aday
    so if you want to catch me pop over to coupon thread for any help/info.

:)

I am in the process of drawing up my food budget for next year - perhaps I will take you up on that.

Thanks.
    Said Aristippus, “If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.”
    Said Diogenes, “Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.”[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
  • I find it hard to navigate the coupon thread! I tried to find the December list of coupons Edgey was talking about and couldnt easily come across and anytime I ask for something it always seem to be on the first page. (then I look on first page and can't find)

Any hints?
  • Best_price
    Best_price Posts: 4,602 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 1 January 2012 at 1:11AM
    What are you looking for? Any particular coupon?

Post 2-7 on the Updated Printable Money off Coupons and Policies lists all the coupons

Post 2 - All printable coupons in which no coupon printer software is required

Post 3 - Coupons which you have to send away for

Post 4 - Supersavvyme - sign up and then you can print coupons from their website

Post 5 - Coupons from beforeishop - online printable coupons

Post 6-7 - List of current available coupons divided into sections to make it easier to find

Post 12-17 contains useful information about coupon policies and how to download the coupon printer software

Just ask if you can't find anything. Everyone is very helpful especially myrtleturtle who runs the thread
    You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you. ~John Wooden 154/06/270
  • im-lost
    im-lost Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    elantan wrote: »
    silly q but dont you go through alot of ink printing off all the coupons?

If you get an epson or similar that can take a CISS (continuous ink system)
    they cost about £30 on ebay then using bulk inks costs about £6 for 100ml
    or each of the 4 colours.
    around 28 'normal' ink cartridges worth, so you're talking fractions of a penny to print a page.
    reams of paper can often be had for a couple of quid so .4p a sheet,

So really you are taking less than a penny to do a sheet.
  • myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    hi mick
    if you ask and are pointed to 1st pages but still can't find please just ask again
    1 tip though although BP has done a good post

1st post in coupon thread( welcome page) has an index list to thread
    these are also links to those particular posts
    mickp67 wrote: »
    I find it hard to navigate the coupon thread! I tried to find the December list of coupons Edgey was talking about and couldnt easily come across and anytime I ask for something it always seem to be on the first page. (then I look on first page and can't find)

Any hints?
  • myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2012 at 1:57AM
    as i said earlier

just pop over to coupon thread ,questions will always be answered the best we can.

all we ask is for you to view 1st pages 1st and if you really can't see something just ask. :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR
  • SueP19
    SueP19 Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 January 2012 at 9:28AM
    EdgEy wrote: »

I totally agree, I usually buy value (starting switching this year) I got warburtons medium loaf knocked down to 68p then used 30p vouchers so that was better than the value loaf.

I do think it would be easy to get carried away on buying luxuries like cakes and puds etc especially when you don't normally buy them :rotfl:
    Debt Free Diary - Second Chances! Life in a Tourer........Tilly Tidy Founder in 2016, Tilly Tidy 2023 £17.43, NSD Jan 2023 9/10, Debt £13,491.65
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure