Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Comments

• melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Abusybee - fabulous cards. I think the flowery one is my favourite, but I love the snowflake inside the xmas one, very clever.

Savvy - it does seem a shame that the other thread had to close, I hope everyone manages to find this one. Is there any way that the old thread could become one of the sticky threads so that it is always on show at the top of the board and hence always there for reference? I would hate for it to disappear to the back never to be seen again.
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    busybee - they''re fabulous cards -well done:T
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    I got lost...lol I wondered why there hadnt been any new post on the other thread duhhhh
    Anyway before I forget Artymiss have a sale on some great stuff for £1 and a few card packs (4-5 in) for 49p as well as a load of other stuff

the DCWV stuff some nice card stacks for £1
    http://www.artymiss.co.uk/acatalog/Discount_Craft_Sale.html

Busybee...great cards...My favourite is the first one I love the colours
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • hello everybody!
    I'm new to this thread, but would love to make my cards this Christmas and am after your money saving & card making knowledge on this forum please!
    I would love to make iris folded cards, and have found some free on-line patterns that are perfect, the strips don't look too expensive (£2 inc delivery form ebay, anyone know of cheaper?) but I'm after aperture cards that I can trace the free pattern designs onto, then cut out the shape to create the iris folded design, folding the cover over so nobody can see the back. If that makes sense? The only aperture/3fold cards I can find already have windows cut out, :confused:, any ideas on where to get "blanks" from would really be helpful.
    Ideal world sell a Christmas kit, complete with patterns, cards and strips for £14.99, argh! so I would love to save money and create my own 'kit'.
    Thank you, Hannah x
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Skiergirl, you will probably have seen a few of my cards on the last thread hun, please don't feel we are all really advanced, cos I for one am not. I made my first ever card on the 30th of September this year so have only been making them for 6 weeks.

I got started by buying magazines that come with free kits such as Lets Make Cards or You Can Craft. They are £8 each but are full with lots of projects and then your card kit which contains card blanks, papers, embellishments, and sometimes sentiments, ribbons etc
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    melissa75 wrote: »
    Savvy - it does seem a shame that the other thread had to close, I hope everyone manages to find this one. Is there any way that the old thread could become one of the sticky threads so that it is always on show at the top of the board and hence always there for reference? I would hate for it to disappear to the back never to be seen again.
    Hi melissa, unfortunately we're not allowed to have that many stickies at the top, I was pushing it putting in the A-Z that people wanted :o. The old thread can't disappear (unless the site has technical issues and loses posts again etc) as I made sure there is a link to it in the first post here, and you've linked to it, and it's in the A-Z, AND regular posters should have it in their subscribed threads in their CP as well ready to link to at any time it's needed.

Back to the topic - abusybee, I love your snowflake card btw ;)
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • GreenManG0 wrote: »
    hello everybody!
    I'm new to this thread, but would love to make my cards this Christmas and am after your money saving & card making knowledge on this forum please!
    I would love to make iris folded cards, and have found some free on-line patterns that are perfect, the strips don't look too expensive (£2 inc delivery form ebay, anyone know of cheaper?) but I'm after aperture cards that I can trace the free pattern designs onto, then cut out the shape to create the iris folded design, folding the cover over so nobody can see the back. If that makes sense? The only aperture/3fold cards I can find already have windows cut out, :confused:, any ideas on where to get "blanks" from would really be helpful.
    Ideal world sell a Christmas kit, complete with patterns, cards and strips for £14.99, argh! so I would love to save money and create my own 'kit'.
    Thank you, Hannah x

I print the design onto cardstock, cut it out with a craft knife and do the iris folding and stick it onto the front of the card as a topper rather than fold the back to cover it over. Does that make sense?:rotfl:
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    GreenManG0 wrote: »
    hello everybody!
    Thank you, Hannah x

http://www.irisfolding.circleofcrafters.com/
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • abusybee
    abusybee Posts: 168 Forumite
    GreenManG0 wrote: »
    hello everybody!
    Thank you, Hannah x

Home bargins have some packs of 3 fold cards. There are 6 cards and envelopes in each pack and come in white or a pale yellow colour and are only 59p a pack. There is no apature in them they are full so that you can do your own. Hope this helps and I hope you have a home bargins shop near you.
    :heart2::rotfl: :rotfl: :heart2:I LOVE A BARGIN:heart2: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    TIME TO START SHOPPING FOR NEXT CHRISTMAS
    :dance: I LOVE THE SALES!!!!!:dance:
  • Oh, a shiny new thread!

Sorry I've not been around for ages gals and guys - that pesky thing called life got in the way.

However, I was very excited to get a package in the post this morning. It was my free gift from subscribing to simply cards & papercraft - a crafters companion! It's so fantastic and I love it so much, I've been making boxes and envelopes today :j
    In a better financial position than ever before (thank you MSE!). Moved back to Scotland and now trying to keep debt-free!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure