Comments

• darrannah
    darrannah Posts: 143 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yay congratulations on the job front!
    What’s meant for you will not pass you 😃
    A fool and his money are soon parted!
    use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without :)
    EF -£860 Total debt - £2070 (DF March 2020)
    Clubcard-£10.50, coop card £15.63 Surveys cash- 8.94
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Congratulations to DH, that's fab news :T :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks everyone, he is negotiating his start date with the company and hopes to hand in his notice on Friday.

I do feel like a weight has been lifted.

My NSD's are going okay, I totally forgot to update my target so thanks to Cathybird for the nudge.

I have potted a few £2 coins recently as well as shrapnel. I am looking forward to counting all that lot up.

Had my soup again today, I have one more left for tomorrow and planning on making a risotto on Sunday for next week.

I am very impatient....I really, really want to get rid of the BC but can't (yet!) Roll on pay day, I can then :D :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    EEEEKKKKK update time.......DH's proposed start date has been accepted.....I am so pleased for him.

He has put in his resignation today.
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Fantatsic news on hubbie's new job, I hope he can start to feel a bit better and look after himself x

Great that the B/Card will be gone soon, well done.

H x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Afternoon diary,

DH went back to the doctors today for a blood pressure monitor to be fitted, he has to wear it overnight and hand it back in tomorrow morning.

DH has a hospital appointment next week for his heart, he should be all clear then (I hope!)

I had an AFD yesterday, I won't hit my target for this but it is certainly better than in the past.

This weekend, I will go through the budget and see where we have made a saving with the recent changes.

I brought my lunch with me every day so far this week, I am determined to hit my target on this one.

I need to think about my list for this weekend and I really need to sort my goals out for November.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 October 2019 at 2:40PM
    Options
    Afternoon,

I have written down the budget for the new figures and we are approximately £50 better off.

As DD has a camp next year that money is going towards it rather than having to 'find' it. We owe £180 remaining on the balance, once that has gone, the £50 will go towards DS's IOW Cadet camp next year.

DH needs to get in touch with Sky and try to get the bill reduced. I will [STRIKE]nag[/STRIKE] remind him gently that we need to sort it. Plus he needs to sort out his form for the HMRC.

Amongst other things for the end of the year, I need to think about next year. DS will be 16 :eek: for a start and my mum will 70.

This weekend I plan to spend as little as possible, we only need a 'top up' and DH gets paid the next weekend too.

Looking at the overall debt and I will know for sure once the new year starts, I am hoping that 2020 we will at least halve it or more...to be debt free next year 'would' be fantastic but I'd be happy with half.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am very impatient....I really, really want to get rid of the BC but can't (yet!) Roll on pay day, I can then :D :rotfl:

Harrumph! Just done some calculations and I can't get rid of the BC this month :( but it will be down to £100, so November payday I can get rid.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    BC account checked and it is £100 more than I thought it was. So I definitely went wrong somewhere along the line.

Never mind. I pledge that it will be gone by November Payday!!!
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So close to clearing it :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income