Bounce.mobi/PM-Connect Scam

Options

Comments

• Ftba.d
    Ftba.d Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi ,

I’m having the same problem. EE gave me the contact to bounce games . I rang them and after being scammed for £2.50 per week since October 2016 they offered me a gesture of goodwill of 7 weeks repayments . I told them I wanted a full refund and they said they can’t act on that from the call centre and I’d have to email . I emailed two weeks ago to the email provided , help@bounce.mobi. No response . I’ve emailed again 4 times since. I called back the call centre and they said there no other way of contacting the department I would need to discuss a full refund with ...

Where do I turn from here ? £2.50 per week since October 2016 for something I didn’t knowingly sign up to nor ever interacted with . It’s criminal !!!
  • Ftba.d
    Ftba.d Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So yesterday I received a full refund of £250 after Roger in the thread kindly sent me the court letter template . I sent this to them and received my cheque two days later ... for 4 weeks I had been playing ping pong via email with this corrupt company and they were sending emails saying how they had evidence I signed up etc. They were only willing to ever give me a gesture of good will of about £50 ... they quickly did a u turn upon receiving the letter from the court .

Do not go down without a fight . Thanks once again Roger !
  • paulmu
    paulmu Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    There have been a number of threads concerning these scams in the past year. There is currently an opportunity to get a change in the rules governing these 'services'.

The regulator, the Phone-paid Services Authority, is currently consulting on the regulation of these services, which is clearly inadequate at the present time.

All consumers affected by these scams, and any others who feel strongly that the networks should not be passing their phone numbers to scammers for charging purposes, have an opportunity to have a say in the future regulation of these 'services'.

Information about the consultation, together with my own draft response, are on the payforitsucks website. Please feel free to copy and submit my own response, to amend as you wish, or to write your own response. The important thing is that PSA get a feel for the level of consumer dissatisfaction with the current 'Payforit' services.

We have an opportunity to put a stop to these scams, but only if we speak up and insist on change.

The consultation closes on 15th October.

Paul
  • alluring29
    alluring29 Posts: 114 Forumite
    edited 23 October 2018 at 3:23PM
    Options
    Just to advise of a new one now but owned by the same company, this time I have been charged by Demon Games.:mad:

I have no clue who they are and haven't clicked any links or subscribed to a thing, my mobile provider is hopeless.

I have sent you a pm RGW. In the meantime, I have emailed PM Connect, cc: the CEO of Three Mobile and the ombudsman.

Let's see their response first but I would like the template because I will take it all the way too.
  • RGW
    RGW Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have sent you a PM. Please email me and I will forward over the letters and court papers. You must send letters and they need to be recorded delivery. Emails don't work. The feedback from others who have used my letters has been that they were paid out in full. Regards, RGW
  • alluring29
    Options
    Thanks very much, RGW for your help. :T
  • REENA
    Options
    Hey guys

Just found out that i have been charged for bounce games since March 2017. Grateful if you guys could please send me a copy of the letters you drafted so i can try and get a full refund.

Ps another company that has been charging me too called Abijee. Need to do the same for them.

Many thanks
  • Gmean
    Options
    Hi all

Just found out I have fallen foul of the same scam. It’s been going on for over a year!
    RGW hope you don’t mind but I have Pm’d you with regards to the letters etc you used.

Thanks
  • Jaz64
    Options
    RGW, Think I've sent you a PM asking if you could provide me with the template letters you used successfully.
    Thanks J
  • lixi986
    Options
    Dear all,

Thanks to Roger and the forms he provided, the instructions for which I pursued to Court, I was sucessful in claiming all my money back and the court fee. It really is worth doing it and doesn’t take much time. Only thing, is if someone is not so good with a computer you may need help from someone navigating this online, but aside from that, it was a straightforward process and totally worth it.

A big thank you to Roger for kindly providing the forms which made the process so easy. People like Roger are the heroes of the internet and I am glad I searched for help online and found him!! Please contact Roger direct and he will gladly provide the information I am sure.

Good luck everyone and do not hesitate to contact me for any information/help, happy to.

Don’t let the scammers win!

Best Wishes
    G x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family