Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It's good to have a supply of dry/tinned goods. I should do the same. You never know when you might be unable to get out and about or just need to 'eat from stores'

Well done for seeing the GP and having such a positive outcome.

Have a relaxing evening now you are not hostessing :)

Thanks DIA :). Maybe it's not such a bad thing to have a big stock of certain items with Brexit coming up. I couldn't face doing an inventory of the freezer.
    I started wearing my fingerless gloves indoors today. I also found some slippers at last. Getting cosier. i will save getting socks until Christmas when they are always on sale. I might get some leg warmers too. I saw them last year. They are cashmere and I thought they were too pricey but I can offset that against not putting the heating on as early :)

I think it could be very MSE to get the leg warmers if it stops you putting the heating on. Working from home can make your bills go up. It's your extremities that get cold withoug the heating on.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    680kg of dried noodles that's a LOT of noodles. Are you running a Chinese restaurant on the side :eek: :rotfl:

Sounds like you've got plenty of basic ingredients there, you just need the fresh stuff to supplement. Your beans, chickpeas, sweet corn and tomatoes all count as part of 5 a day. Do you like lentils as they also count, dried or tinned?
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    680kg of dried noodles that's a LOT of noodles. Are you running a Chinese restaurant on the side :eek: :rotfl:

Sounds like you've got plenty of basic ingredients there, you just need the fresh stuff to supplement. Your beans, chickpeas, sweet corn and tomatoes all count as part of 5 a day. Do you like lentils as they also count, dried or tinned?

Oops I think I meant grammes not kg, I'll amend my list :rotfl:. We do like lentils, we just need to stock up a bit more. At least I know which items to increase stocks of and which items to maintain :).
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on the inventory- at least you know what you need to buy
    January spends - £587.58
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening HHD :) Really glad you rang the doctor and got in the same day. It's too easy to cancel sometimes when there's time to think about it :o I'm glad he listened to your physical complaints and also took on board how you're feeling about your mum. I hope you don't have to wait too long for the therapy sessions.

Blimey I thought I was well stocked with 8 tins of beans, tomatoes etc. Looking at your list I'm obviously just playing shop :rotfl: xx
  • elizabethhull
    Options
    Great news about the doctor's appointment, and getting the chance to talk properly. It will be good to get in the system and you might get some useful answers.

17 (!!) tins baked beans:rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done for getting in to see the doctor, hopefully the results will come quickly for you.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Well done on going to see your Dr and getting an appointment the same day, I find the whole ringing up for an appointment and being interrogated really stressful (maybe its just my surgery).

Love the stock take but 17 cans of beans :eek::rotfl:.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Well done on the inventory- at least you know what you need to buy

Thanks Millann :). Yes at least I know now :).
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Evening HHD :) Really glad you rang the doctor and got in the same day. It's too easy to cancel sometimes when there's time to think about it :o I'm glad he listened to your physical complaints and also took on board how you're feeling about your mum. I hope you don't have to wait too long for the therapy sessions.

Blimey I thought I was well stocked with 8 tins of beans, tomatoes etc. Looking at your list I'm obviously just playing shop :rotfl: xx

Thanks TF2 :). I am really glad I finally made it to the doctor. I think DH and I may have been doing a bit of Brexit stockpiling :o :rotfl:.
    Great news about the doctor's appointment, and getting the chance to talk properly. It will be good to get in the system and you might get some useful answers.

17 (!!) tins baked beans:rotfl:

Thanks Elizabeth :). If Brexit causes baked bean shortages then we'll be okay :rotfl:.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 October 2019 at 5:42PM
    Options
    Well done for getting in to see the doctor, hopefully the results will come quickly for you.
    Thanks Purplemum :).
    Well done on going to see your Dr and getting an appointment the same day, I find the whole ringing up for an appointment and being interrogated really stressful (maybe its just my surgery).

Love the stock take but 17 cans of beans :eek::rotfl:.

Thanks Penny :). I find ringing the doctor very stressful tooso it's nice to have it done. I get interrogated by the receptionist too!

We do eat a lot of baked beans :rotfl:.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure