Tesco Clubcard

Options
Does anyone have the 'new' Tesco clubcard account up & running yet? Joint with both parties points showing?

Old one was joint with husband, now Tesco have changed it to just his with a zero points balance, though according to his receipts he is earning points (though pretty meagre, he's slow to get his wallet out).

My points still seem to be racking up separately according to my receipts, but the joint on line access has disappeared into thin air (apparently because we cannot share an email address).

Tesco just keep saying "don't worry, you won't lose any of your points", I'm not worried, but they have no proper answer for WHEN they eventually get the old system info transferred to the new system.
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.

Comments

• luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Same has happened to us, really confusing and annoying!

I had to send for a card with the new number on and then found out that Tesco has automatically linked it to our email address from the original account but zero points are showing, instead of the £30-odd that should be there.

Rang up and ..... they want to talk to DH because, suddenly, the joint Clubcard account that we have had for the last decade suddenly is his alone :wall:
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 October 2019 at 11:28PM
    Options
    Same here, they have made a complete mess of it. I have 0 points and no additional cards on my account. The previous joint account had 7 cards linked. When I phoned last week they said they could see the £35 worth of vouchers and the 1300 points that are there waiting to be converted and sent out by the end of this month. They also said it is taking some time to get it all together. Our account was a bit confused as the clubcard is in MrsM's name and the vouchers are posted to her but the account was in my name with me as the additional linked account as well. The e-mail said they have removed all the numbers in MrsM's name. We shall see what happens. I used the old card on Monday and it is showing 31 points on the receipt so that still seems to be working.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Same here, I called them and they have no real clue whats going on.

they told me on the 26th sep that a new card would be with me in about 10 days mmmm its a bit more than that and I still have no card and the account is still wrong.

we hardly ever shop there anymore so are not that bothered, we just wont shop there again if it doesnt get sorted

we have a Morrisonss,Sains,Lidl and Aldi all as close as Tesco
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 25 October 2019 at 9:41AM
    Options
    I still have no account access. My receipt from last week shows 1048 points balance which has now dropped to 37 on latest shop. I'll assume that vouchers are being sent.

Great, I can put them with the other £80 worth I've got (in our joint names). Pity I cannot spend them other than face value in the shop...……..seeing as I've no account access & they aren't on husbands a/c (none are, he only had 19 so not enough to earn any vouchers this time round - not sure if they carry forward or just get deleted from the system).

Shambles.

Update: Husband has old a/c linked to me. New on-line a/c set up by Tesco is his individually in new scheme so his points go there. Apparently complication with old a/c was our shared email address - so they allocated it to him & set up new on-line a/c...……..leaving me out in the cold!

Both of us must be available for advisor to sort it out & intention is that the old joint a/c & all the points will be merged into his new individual account. Then I will be added as a joint a/c holder of that.

So much for Tesco (3 previous 'phone calls) spouting "don't worry, you won't lose any points when the new system is fully functioning". It is fully functioning - but not correctly & it won't sort itself out! Apparently they have had simply "LOADS of calls".
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the update, it is obvious that Tesco has 'male-chickened' this up spectacularly.

In our case, I have a new number linked to our original email address and zero points in the new account.
    DH has the old number, no email address and no idea how many points in the original account because we can't reach the account.

Like you, we have vouchers and can only use them at face value instore - we were going to turn them into restaurant vouchers for this weekend :mad:

I've deliberately held off ringing Tesco this week, in the interests of my blood pressure :o
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • glennevis
    Options
    Are all the problems reported so far from joint account holders sharing one email address?
  • SevenOfNine
    Options
    glennevis wrote: »
    Are all the problems reported so far from joint account holders sharing one email address?

Seems likely, at least, that's the excuse I've been given numerous times.

Mine & husbands accounts were supposed to be linked by now with all the points in one place - needless to say they still AREN'T! So I trawled about on his a/c a bit & stumbled on a feedback form. Said I wanted to make a formal complaint & to send me the means to do so.

Not holding my breath though.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    glennevis wrote: »
    Ours is

Was told weeks ago ( maybe 6) a new card would be with us in 10 days.

Account and cards still not sorted
  • SevenOfNine
    Options
    OMG, I decided to utilise their FaceBook page https://www.facebook.com/pg/tesco/posts/?ref=page_internal If you post on their page, it pops up in the Community section - where they do actually answer.

Supplied the info they then asked me for & now have to have husband here to go through Data Protection protocols. I've pointed out this was done 11 days ago. As I've made previous calls with no joy, I'd noted the 'who, date, time' of the final call, so could supply that as I don't want to be going over & over the same old stuff.

Lo & behold, this morning I'm told they can see what has happened, & it was passed to the Clubcard Support Team BUT...…….I am number 3,435 in the queue! :(:(:(

Pity they don't have "self serve" like they do in the shops - then I could just merge our accounts myself. :beer:
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Vouchers arrived today addressed to Mr & Mrs where previously addressed to just Mrs. Clubcard numbers shown on the vouchers are Mrs M's clubcard and my CC.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure