PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Evening all

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Rugby score!! Cymru am byth. Japan v Springboks also exciting... (can't believe I like the rugby)
    2. DS seems happier
    3. Clean bathrooms and kitchen and some dusting done
    4. Nice bathy with Fosse / Verdon
    5. OH cooked a roast lamb dinner and we finished the yummy wine

And today

1. Finally got my dental checkup done
    2. DD had an interview for a job she wants that went well
    3. lost 2lb in my first week of 5:2 :T (about 10lb to go)
    4. got sorted for my webinar tomorrow
    5. made a vegetable curry for later that i'm looking forward to.

Have a nice evening everyone. Mhags, I liked Dublin Murders, I think they all tend to be confusing at this stage.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • I haven’t posted for a little while for the weekend and today

1 We had proper white crusty bread, we haven’t had that now for 2 years, I know it’s junk it was blissful thou. We had a few slices with Marmite, and a couple of slices making a bacon sarnie.
    2 For the day on Sunday, We visited the in laws and felt useful, they were good company and fed and watered us, we got back about 2am this morning.
    3 The journeys to and fro were un eventful.
    4 Just ordered in for delivery as..
    5 Still working in the kitchen, but making progress.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 October 2019 at 9:48PM
    Ah, a mad hatter chasing foxes! That’s all we need in wonderland now! Enuff!
    many a true word spoken in jest. The fox - the man who didn't want coffee. Totally over it ;-) Didn't realise i needed a visa for Turkey. oops. Fortunately very quick to do online. Visa now got!
    1) autumnal colours (i know i've mentioned them before, but just love them)
    2) geese flying over in their ever increasing v formations - they really do need to get their wings oiled though!
    3) cold but dry - perfect weather for my new scarf and of course my thinsulate gloves and hat
    4) rush home cos hosting a church meeting - picked up some shortbreads on the way home
    5) now they've all gone (the people, not the shortbreads!) and i'm sitting here with the boys, radio playing Kate Bush
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Pleasures for today (Monday).

1) A lie in.

2) Hen better still!

3) My new driving licence arrived and the photo is ridiculous - my neck looks fatter than my head!

4) Went up the Clee Hill so bigger son could ride his bike around. Stopped for a cup of tea on the way home.

5) Did some more crochet.

6) My brother popped in.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Monday pleasures,

Apple day and the pleasure of finding my favourites, Egremont Russets, in the emporium, would have been rude not to.

The post brought the Persephone catalogue, oh dear.

Resisted the temptation of sitting down with a cuppa & the above and got on with the rest of my errands, post office, pet store and horse carrot stand.

Small dogs appointment with the vet was postponed due to sickness and an emergency, her paw was ok so didn’t object.

Chicken and apple bake for tea followed by LO cherry crumble.

Uni Challenge and then we watched the programme about the Californian forest fire last year, so scary how quickly it spread and prompted a conversation on just what we would grab in a 10 minute warning.
  • Bacon Butty, that is only half of a decent bacon and egg banjo! Proper food though and good for you.

Nows here is your Lunch Bite of BoP

Packed lunch box again!

Last nite for tea we had the second and last helping of BoP’s fish pie. Rue nice after a day on the stove. Raffles had the mackerel skins as well. Tonite is dog mess stir fry! Nice, cheap and tasty! Yeas, Hot Dog snorker, chopped, tossed in the bitsers pan of stir fry and topped with toms and chilli. Hot, tasty and good for you!

As for Raffles, I launched his new coloured ping pong balls yesterday. Two are now under the sidebored in the dining room. They will be there some time!

Tried to watch the Arsenal last eve, but boy, I will be as mad as the hatter! Turned on the flixnet, to upset Hell!en and the luvvies. I hear in Tinsel Town theys be has a spat! Never mind, keeps them inn the press. AVOID.

Bit short this bite size today!

Don’t chase one bag of eggs!
  • 1 May have been jived into properly cleaning the entire house today hoovered, mopped, vaxxed, bathroom done etc, thinking DB was visiting, but apparently not, hmm, well we now have a clean house.

2 DH and I painted the kitchen I did all the bits I could reach and he did the whole ceiling. We are pleased with the progress but need to get another coat of paint on before calling it done, at least with two of us we are halving the pain.

3 HM burger turkey mince with veg in, topped with cheese and salad with a side of potato salad will be tea when I move.

4 Really looking forward to a soak in a bit.

5 Lots of birds enjoying the garden food and I was surprised to see a red admiral sun bathing in patches of the sun. It was nice to have a day with less rain even if we were inside all day cleaning up.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    1) yummy hm curry for lunch - sweet potato
    2) gbf picked me up from work so we could go to
    3) matthew bourne romeo and juliette. fabulous
    4) took a drink for the interval in my chilly bottle (you may remember last time i was there it was £18.30 for 2 G&Ts!) there was no interval, but drank it during the ballet
    5) home for 2nd portion of curry
    Talk written (just), packing to do then bed. off to conference tomorrow so may be awol.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hello. Bedtime.

Pre work I weeded and picked up leaves ( ongoing)

Made tablet ( Scottish sweetie and traditionally made at Halloween)

Just came out my front door this morning and a friend was walking in the same direction so had a 10 minute catch up en-route.

Quite enjoyed work today.

Fab tips!

DD2 & dog came to get me. She has some huge decisions to make just now & I need to try & be as supportive as I can and wishing I had a husband to share it all with.

Went back to work to bake. This was my own time that I offered. When cafe was closed & I could get on. Made 2 lots of cupcakes, truffles, spider things, and marshmallow lollies.

Boss gave me a lovely bunch of flowers & chocolates for doing it.

DD2 was at new job training session & friend dropped her off at my work ( which is also her work)

Home and hello doggy. Please don’t wake me at 2.45 am again...3 socks vomited. Grrrrrr

My Australian magazine came from DD1 and she’d sent a bar of yummy Australian chocolate and two books for the little people. One made me cry.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 October 2019 at 11:14PM
    Pleasures for today (Tuesday).

Not losing the massive post I just wrote!

1) Smaller son meeting went well. Asked for: education based at home, 3 GCSE retakes and 1 computer course. Some actual help from psych and SALT (which should all have been done 10 years ago...) and a reassessment. Mr College was actually pretty helpful (considering they've off rolled him!) and explained why college is completely unsuitable for someone so autistic and that he saw him in between lectures "paralysed in fear". County lady nodded sagely and will get back to us before 2pm tomorrow (!) with what they will provide...

2) My job that I've been waiting to hear about for 9 weeks still exists!

3) Sainsburys

4) Hens OK. Poorly hen picking up speed when walking.

5) Went to see my school friend.

6) Posted an Ebay parcel.

7) Football! Smaller son and I enjoyed that match and his team won 2-0. There were only 6 supporters there for the other team (Yorkshire, so not surprising). They also read out the number of spectators at the end and our side was 1000+ and they read out "6" and they stood up and bowed to us and we gave them a round of applause!

8) Met bigger son from work and we all went home together.

9) In bed about to catch up with GBBO.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure