The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.
We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

The Compers Inn (part 48)

Comments

• sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 October 2019 at 9:28AM
    Morning,

Hope good news for your son indie. Brilliant news about the tax rebate!

Glad it was good news for your daughter leanfun.

Had horrendous rain through the night here. Never seen or heard anything like it. The road in front of house looked like one of those flash flood videos you see. Luckily the road doesn’t lead into a house. Some of our path looked under water for a while, probably lucky we have grass and not concrete or we would be going out into a pond! Showers not going away either according to forecast.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Morning.
    Indie let’s hope for some good news for your DS. Wow to the tax rebate brilliant. What a lovely surprise.

Sheils that sounds horrendous rain. Pleased it did not affect your house. As you say great you have grass. Let’s hope it eases off soon.

Just remembered I had a children’s book win yesterday.

Take care whatever you are doing and be lucky.
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308
    Forumite
    Well done on the book win leanfun.
    Know what you mean about the rain sheils we had it yesterday and all night.One minute it was just raining then it seemed to come down in torrents.it's times like that i am glad i have grass out front and not concrete as well.
    DS got no help at Dr's as the results are not in yet, she was going to ring them to give them a nudge. So the waiting goes on. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
    Hope you all have a good weekend.
  • leanfun30
    Forumite
    Wow Indie that is so disappointing and frustrating. Hope he doesn’t have to wait much longer. Everything seems to take far too long.

We have had rain but not torrential here. Sheils hope you have a good journey tomorrow. Expect you are looking forward to Wednesday. Big congratulations to your daughter..
    Have a good weekend all.
  • indie
    Forumite
    Morning, yes it is frustrating for him as you can't move on and plan anything until we have the results.I hope you all had a good weekend. I worked yesterday morning and was on the ground floor,residential. Which is a lot quieter and slower.It made a change.I have applied for a job in the cinema,where my son works,as it's less hours and not heavy work.I don't know if i will get it as most staff are in their 20's-30's but we shall see.
    The sun is out here so i plan to get out in the garden later and do some tidying up. Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • leanfun30
    Forumite
    Good luck with the job application Indie.

It’s been raining here this morning which was disappoint as I intended to try to do something today. Not made much progress indoors except washing and ironing is up to date.

We were lucky with fine weather here at weekend as all GS wanted to do was go to the park and kick a ball. I came home tired out yesterday. DD1 has day off today so no GS today. She’s won a Halloween competition for him tomorrow so if she can’t have half day tomorrow I’lol be taking him.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Hope you are have a good journey Sheils. I think you might be escaping heavy rain.

Thank
  • indie
    Forumite
    I hope your DD1 can get the time off leanfun.
    DS got a call from hospital yesterday the video has gone to consultant and she wants to know if he has passed capsule (you don't always see it) not to his knowledge so she wants an x-ray done.So got to pick up form and go and have one done.I have a Dr's appointment this morning as well for a meds review, so busy morning for me.Better go get ready,hope you all have a lucky day.
  • indie
    Forumite
    Good afternoon
    Hope your all ok.We had torrential rain in the night, it was so loud it woke me up. It's eased up now but there are huge puddles in the roads.
    I was going to have nephew today but he's not well so his dad stayed at home with him.Never mind i can catch up with EOM comps.Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • leanfun30
    Forumite
    Strange weather this week. Tuesday was so sunny and hot. Yesterday was so dark. Today is brighter but very cold,

Sheils hope you had a great day on Wednesday. Congratulations to your DD she’s bright and has worked hard.

DD1 was not able to have time off so I took GS to Halloween afternoon. im sure I was the only adult there under duress. Everyone else elated to be in a premier stadium. GS had a great time.

On the way back we met DD1 and near Cannon Street station I saw bronze statues in a window. Turned out to be an art exhibition on ground floor and
    Roman ruins in the basement. It was free to go in. GS thought it really cool as he has been learning about the Romans in school.

https://www.londonmithraeum.com/

Yesterday I won a children’s book on Twitter. Another one towards Christmas

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • indie
    Forumite
    Well done on the book win. I would have gone in the basement as well as love anything roman and find ruins ect fascinating so glad your GS enjoyed it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure