Self help thread. I am a widow coping getting on with it

Comments

• wort
    wort Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi I'm feeling a bit low at the moment, my brother has died and it that time of year that my hubby became suddenly ill. I feel very tearful and devastated all over again.
    I hope everyone is well and coping ok x
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • iris
    iris Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    So sorry to hear your sad news. Be kind to yourself.
  • crv1963
    crv1963 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    wort- sorry to hear your news. I unexpectedly lost a sibling three weeks ago, it is a very sad time, I wrote but could not deliver the Eulogy, but we tried to celebrate the life, we focused on the happy times and are trying to keep busy!
    CRV1963- Light bulb moment Sept 15- Planning the great escape- aka retirement!
  • sheilavw
    sheilavw Posts: 1,600 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    So sorry to hear of you both that are suffering your losses xxx
  • wort
    Thank you for your kind words. Crv 1963 - my condolences, I hope you are managing ok xx
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • sheilavw
    Sadly my lovely Husband Mick passed away 3/7 after an eleven and a half month battle with MND. I came home and he had fallen upstairs. I never came to terms with this cruel diagnosis, but hoped that we had much longer together. I am finding it very difficult, I feel lost, but in the same way happy that he didnt get to the final awful stages if that makes sense
  • iris
    iris Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    sheilavw wrote: »
    Sadly my lovely Husband Mick passed away 3/7 after an eleven and a half month battle with MND. I came home and he had fallen upstairs. I never came to terms with this cruel diagnosis, but hoped that we had much longer together. I am finding it very difficult, I feel lost, but in the same way happy that he didnt get to the final awful stages if that makes sense

So sorry to hear your sad news sheilavw.
  • crv1963
    crv1963 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sheilavw- so sorry about your news, but yes I understand completely your thought, MND is a cruel illness. Words can't convey sentiment well, but in the darkest times recall the good times and focus on loving the life you have, when the crashing waves of grief engulf you let your past happy memories be your rock to cling to.

You are in my thoughts at this sad time.
    CRV1963- Light bulb moment Sept 15- Planning the great escape- aka retirement!
  • wort
    My condolences Sheilavw, I'm sure we all agree, sometimes the pain of death for a loved one is better than a prolonged illness. But it's always harder for the one left behind.
    Crv, is correct memories of good times are so important to keep a positive frame of mind, much as I feel cheated by the sudden death of my hubby, I'm glad we got to share 30 wonderful years.
    Look after yourself xx
  • sheilavw
    Thanks for your kind replies everyone. We were together since I was 16 so 41years, married 35 on 22/9, its so hard
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback