Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning all. Happy Saturday.

The sun is out so might not be too cold at the footie.
  • Good morning.

Pandoraskids please can I ask have you used a large ago at our local? My mum's taking me this afternoon and I don't know whether to go there or to Sk_______ale.
    I hope everyone likes this one once they buy it. It is one of my favourites but probably not if your a pinot drinker its very gooseberry, grapefruit, but for presents its a lovely gift as never less than £6 a bottle

Thanks Di. I think I'll try it on the basis that if I don't like it my sister will :D:D:D:D:D

I always stick to under £20 as I find a couple of the supervisors a bit fierce :rotfl:
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning. Another fine Spring day.
    I see some Elite morning bunnies about :).
    The rest must be suffering from the wine lakes in their houses.
    Thankfully The only "luxury" drink I have, apart from council pop, is Coke Nil, still have a few from Droid to collect.

More serious note, I see the Gendarme that swapped himself for a hostage has died of his injuries. RIP.
    I am not sure how to interpret the BBc headline
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43525267

"French police 'hero' dies of wounds"
    Why is hero in inverted commas? If anything I would have put
    French police officer, a true hero, dies of his wounds.
    Because in my opinion the word hero has been so diluted by misuse
    hero sportsman (earned millions), hero of millions (celebrity making millions).
    Probably my use of hero is wrong nowadays. Maybe should have been "selfless hero" .

Sorry babbling on. Going for a wee walk in the sun :)
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Morning luvlies

Thanks again elaine for your updated wine list, much appreciated by many on here I think :beer:

DH popped to our T express last night, quite a few beers RTC. He bought 15 x 300ml boxes of Bud (£10 price flashed on packaging) for £6.50. Also had large bottles of San Miguel and another lager for £1.40 and real ales also reduced. Went to another express after, similar offers but with a whole stack of the bud unpriced ;)
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    edited 24 March 2018 at 9:23AM
    BH Have not read it I hate real life news like this Brings tears to my eyes that some people are so selfless

Enjoy that walk
  • hampydoodums
    Morning. Another fine Spring day.
    I see some Elite morning bunnies about :).
    The rest must be suffering from the wine lakes in their houses.
    Thankfully The only "luxury" drink I have, apart from council pop, is Coke Nil, still have a few from Droid to collect.

More serious note, I see the Gendarme that swapped himself for a hostage has died of his injuries. RIP.
    I am not sure how to interpret the BBc headline
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43525267

"French police 'hero' dies of wounds"
    Why is hero in inverted commas? If anything I would have put
    French police officer, a true hero, dies of his wounds.
    Because in my opinion the word hero has been so diluted by misuse
    hero sportsman (earned millions), hero of millions (celebrity making millions).
    Probably my use of hero is wrong nowadays. Maybe should have been "selfless hero" .

Sorry babbling on. Going for a wee walk in the sun :)

Totally agree with you there, a very brave man indeed. Poor family :(
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Good morning all

Sarah how is your husband?

Di Does yours still have flu Hope it clears quickly

AJ Hope you are better too and read you lovely thoughtful posts

For the seasoned travellers Can anyone tell me how many spirits I can buy at the airport and pick up on my return

Was thinking Smirnoff that was about £12 litre last time. I know I can get it just now for £13.50 in an A v M

TIA
  • hampydoodums
    10 ways just posted that Wilko are clearing out some of their home wear stuff. Christmas throws 3.75, fitted sheets, floor lamps. If anyone is passing today maybe worth a look in.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Morning paw sniffers:D

Well my wine shop never materialised last night:o

I got hijacked:eek:

DD informed us that her solicitor had rang and her house purchase was going through 3 weeks early. So I spent until 8.30 last night furniture shopping. Next Home closed at 8pm but staff were working until 1pm getting ready for the sale and said we could stay in to finish our purchases. We got a stoppyback:rotfl:

Unbelievably, Next can deliver a suite and a bed within 5 working days. Every other furniture store was a 6 to 8 week wait.

Unsure if Barker and Stonehouse is national or not but it was the furniture store of choice for me from when we were first married.

Every piece of furniture we've bought from them has stood the test of time. But what a disappointment it was last night. They now have a flagship store at Teesside and we paid it a visit.
    You have never seen furniture like it. So ridiculously out there and futuristic, I wouldn't give it standing room in our house. There were wardrobes that looked as if they were made out of old floorboards, dining tables made from the wings of old aeroplanes, drawers made from old metal suitcases etc. And it cost ££££££££.

Anyway back to this morning.....I'm now going wine shopping:T:T:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    Good morning
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing