• Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    julicorn wrote: »
    Q Research Study
    Hosted by Eugene Chan
    £0.50•5 minutes• £6.00/hr •500/500

Took significantly longer than stated. Would be nice if they could acknowledge that with a bonus payment. I've gotten those a few times in the past - do Prolific require researchers to pay more if the average completion time is significantly longer than stated?

Just done that one myself and the 5 mins completion time is a joke!!!
  • Ivana_B_Rich
    Options
    Did anyone try and cash out for yesterday? Hasn't happened for me, hoping it's an everyone issue not a just-me one!

Yes, me too

I cashed out late on Thursday in anticipation of them paying yesterday. Not received anything so I assume they did not process it. If I don't get it on Tuesday I'll put in a support ticket
    Saving a house deposit. Member no.7 100% of target :D

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Aside from that, it was probably the most bizarre combination of tasks/questions I've completed on Prolific so far :rotfl:
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Probabilities always fry my brain. Even more so when the survey questions appear to have been drawn out of a hat.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Value
    Value Posts: 170 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    allison445 wrote: »
    Clearly not true as I was paid for none of them although as far as I was aware researchers can only reject not return them.

No, I've not been paid for even one of the two I did either. allison445, have you messaged the researcher too? She hasn't replied yet to my second message from early this morning. I think I'll be messaging Prolific anyway as I'm not convinced this was Prolific who advised that she took this approach.
  • allison445
    Options
    Value wrote: »
    No, I've not been paid for even one of the two I did either. allison445, have you messaged the researcher too? She hasn't replied yet to my second message from early this morning. I think I'll be messaging Prolific anyway as I'm not convinced this was Prolific who advised that she took this approach.

I have contacted both the researcher and prolific but no reply from either
  • Value
    Value Posts: 170 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    allison445 wrote: »
    I have contacted both the researcher and prolific but no reply from either

I've just contacted Prolific as well. I got no reply from the researcher to my second message and she still hasn't paid me anything. Will let you know if I hear anything back from them.
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I cashed out Paypal on Thursday night and got paid yesterday.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Tolteca87 wrote: »
    I cashed out Paypal on Thursday night and got paid yesterday.

Same here. My first payment from prolific, hope it gives a nice bonus to whose ever referrer link I used.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • allison445
    Options
    Value wrote: »
    I've just contacted Prolific as well. I got no reply from the researcher to my second message and she still hasn't paid me anything. Will let you know if I hear anything back from them.

Just had the following reply and have now received payment for 1 of the surveys

Hi, Hi,

Prolific admin returned the survey's because of a duplication. You will be paid for one of them. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will approve one of the survys
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback