E: 31/01 Win £5000 or instant win prizes with Hobgoblin (daily)

Comments

• Daphne01
    Daphne01 Posts: 22,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    dontone wrote: »
    Okay, here's what you do.

You have to find a key to open the prize safe and go into the 5K draw.
    So, look round the room, there are things to open. These are the following...

The guitar case on the chair
    The chest on the floor
    The suitcase next to the chest
    The clock on the wall
    The book on the table right in front of you.
    The safe right at the back next to the bar
    And, its a small picture inbetween the dartboard & the safe.

Okay - right. Click on the guitar case. There will be a bit of waffle, and a picture. The picture is what you want to match up with with an item in the room. So, say it's the traffic lights/cone pic. There is a traffic cone right in front of the bar, you can't miss it. Click on the cone, and it will give you a 4 digit code.
    Go back to the guitar case, and use the clicker thing to work the numbers i.e if 1234 was on the cone, that's the number to put in.
    Hopefully, it will say 'you have found part of a key'. then on to the next box. Get all the key parts, and you've done it.
    HTH
    Be Lucky

Thanks, will have another go today :)
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• This is one of the most difficult comps i have come across
    Got to the 3rd room but impossible to find the codes despite following the instructions
    Any help appreciated:sad::embarasse
  • telmealing wrote: »
    This is one of the most difficult comps i have come across
    Got to the 3rd room but impossible to find the codes despite following the instructions
    Any help appreciated:sad::embarasse

After a few runs, the 3rd room is actually the easiest.

The chest on the floor
    The clock on the wall
    And, its a small picture in between the dartboard & the safe.

Each of these needs a code to unlock them, and will give you a clue as to where the code is - eg: if it shows a fish hook - click on the fish on the table to get the code. If it shows a tea bag, click on the box of tea to get the code. If it shows a fiddle/bow, click on the framed picture of the fiddler on the far wall etc.
    ...and the Spurs go marching on.
  • purple45
    purple45 Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 15 October 2018 at 9:29AM
    I have a list of the above places where the keys are hidden (as listed in previous posts) and work my way through it.

This is a rough list of where codes are hidden and clues given but I've already done it this morning so this is just from memory!

1. Witch picture on wall next to clock (clue will be a witch reference)
    2. Antlers at top behind bars (clue will be antlers)
    3. Rams skull on wall (clue is rams skull)
    4. Japanese figure on wall
    5. Gargoyle on table (clue is gargoyle but makes me think of batman!)
    6. Fish on table (fishhook)
    7. Voodoo Doll on chair
    8. Cards on table (clue can be just a diamond symbol)
    9. Hobgoblin Beer barrel on table on right
    10. Vampire blood is one of the bottles on table on right next to wine glass (clue is vampire teeth)
    11. Teabags box on floor (clue is teabags but I thought it was luggage labels, seemed obvious once I knew!)
    12. Boar Bottle on table on left
    13. Snow Belle one of group of 4 pictures on wall (clue snowflake and bell)
    14. Dry Neck one of group of 4 pictures on wall (clue head and hairdryer)
    14. Fiddler one of group of 4 pictures on wall (clue is fiddle bow)
    15. Imperial Red one of group of 4 pictures on wall (clue is some kind of crown/cross symbol)
    16. Arrow above bar near deer head
    17. Traffic cone on floor by bar (clue traffic lights etc)
    18. Tankard hanging above bar (overflowing beer glass)
    19 Dart board (clue is number 180) The code is the darts in clockwise direction. But you have to take into account if the dart is placed in the double/treble area!
    20 Trophy on top of bar

If I remember any others I'll amend/add! If anything doesn't make sense feel free to email me as I might not check back here.
    Many thanks to everyone who posts competitions and works so hard to provide all the answers!
    Best wins this year so far: £100 Hobbycraft Voucher, £50 cash, GoPro Camera
  • Daphne01
    Daphne01 Posts: 22,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Okay, here's what you do.

You have to find a key to open the prize safe and go into the 5K draw.
    So, look round the room, there are things to open. These are the following...

The chest on the floor
    The clock on the wall
    And, its a small picture inbetween the dartboard & the safe.

Okay - right. Click on the guitar case. There will be a bit of waffle, and a picture. The picture is what you want to match up with with an item in the room. So, say it's the traffic lights/cone pic. There is a traffic cone right in front of the bar, you can't miss it. Click on the cone, and it will give you a 4 digit code.
    Go back to the guitar case, and use the clicker thing to work the numbers i.e if 1234 was on the cone, that's the number to put in.
    Hopefully, it will say 'you have found part of a key'. then on to the next box. Get all the key parts, and you've done it.
    HTH
    Be Lucky

:D thank you, I didn't realise about the other little pics on the code enter images, I've eventually got through the final room

:beer::beer:
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• After relaxing and thinking I knew what all the clues were the last few days I had an unusual one this morning and lost all my lives. Looked like a splatter of liquid so guessed it was vampire blood but that wasn't correct. If anyone finds an answer for it please post here.
    But there are dreams that cannot be,and there are storms we cannot weather!
  • gouldie7
    gouldie7 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    After relaxing and thinking I knew what all the clues were the last few days I had an unusual one this morning and lost all my lives. Looked like a splatter of liquid so guessed it was vampire blood but that wasn't correct. If anyone finds an answer for it please post here.

That's the one mentioned above where the clue doesn't display - happened to me a few times - have to guess an object and put the number in...
    I... left... my.... heart :heart: innnnnn San Francisco :sad:
  • gouldie7 wrote: »
    That's the one mentioned above where the clue doesn't display - happened to me a few times - have to guess an object and put the number in...

Pretty sure that is Boars blood there is a bottle at the very back table laying down x
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    After relaxing and thinking I knew what all the clues were the last few days I had an unusual one this morning and lost all my lives. Looked like a splatter of liquid so guessed it was vampire blood but that wasn't correct. If anyone finds an answer for it please post here.

Is that where you click the suitcase? If so, someone has complained about that on FB, because it's a known glitch.
    Like others have said, it's a case of guessing which clue it is.
    Be Lucky.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Cefca
    Cefca Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Is that where you click the suitcase? If so, someone has complained about that on FB, because it's a known glitch.
    Like others have said, it's a case of guessing which clue it is.
    Be Lucky.

Also, do all the other clues first so there's less to choose from for the glitched clue.

A couple of times when it's happened, I managed to get it on the first attempt when doing it that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure