PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Stuck My Parents have 3 houses for me in a trust . I can't get first time buyer discount

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    DaftyDuck wrote: »

Mind you, it IS the school holiday season, innit?
    Only at schools for toffs!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Moregain wrote: »
    I can't get the first time buyer discount because I already have 3 houses in London and 2 aboard which my parents have given me.

That's how it works.... the additional stamp duty is to prevent people stockpiling houses. If you want to avoid it, why not move into one you already own?
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    Cakeguts wrote: »
    Try again and this time do some research before you post. (It was one of those universities where if you can spell your name correctly you can get a place)

The one I went to has been sneered at for being a former polytechnic, but the level of literacy was a lot higher than this person displays.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The one I went to has been sneered at for being a former polytechnic, but the level of literacy was a lot higher than this person displays.

Some of them are converted colleges of arts so a bit of sketching and the ability to sign your name at the bottom or attaching bits of sheep skins to a wooden frame if I remember rightly no need sign anything at all on that one.
  • kingstreet wrote: »
    English not OP's first language?

Possibly not but does bull**** qualify as a language? :D
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Schools haven't broke up yet ;)
  • diggingdude
    diggingdude Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Could you lend me a fiver pal?
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 July 2018 at 8:43PM
    cjdavies wrote: »
    Schools haven't broke up yet ;)
    those that matter have, but your quiet correct in what you writ about the rest

schools-out-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Sapphire
    Sapphire Posts: 4,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    00ec25 wrote: »
    those that matter have, but your quiet correct in what you write about the rest

schools-out-smiley-emoticon.gif

It's probably doing something unmentionable to itself as it reads these replies. :D
  • Klr005
    Klr005 Posts: 23 Forumite
    This is hilarious. Thanks for the entertainment OP!

Love the unnecessary house prices and rental income included in the post just to be really snotty.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure