Merge and close some Credit Cards?

2»

Comments

• 2ilent8cho
    2ilent8cho Posts: 97
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Aqua card 1 year, its just the basic one, no cashback but is my second largest limit at the moment, and the Amazon one a few months, got it for the free sign up money.
  • Keep them both - use them every now and then to stop them going dormant
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,264
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    BillyBills wrote: »
    Credit cards are a sure fire way to financial disaster. Only spend what you can afford to spend. I!!!8217;ve worked hard for 30 years and my success is largely due to me never owning credit card.
    What a load of rubbish, how you can equate success with never owning a credit is card is ridiculous, I have three credit cards and guess what I have never paid a penny interest because they are used sensibly and paid off in full every month, they never stopped me being successful enough to retire comfortably in my fifties.
  • T-G-C
    T-G-C Posts: 591
    First Post
    Forumite
    2ilent8cho wrote: »
    Aqua card 1 year, its just the basic one, no cashback but is my second largest limit at the moment, and the Amazon one a few months, got it for the free sign up money.

You wouldn't believe the amount of times I've heard that :eek: Never commit to a credit card purely out of the welcome gift card. When that awesome £10 or £20 is spent, what next?

You should consider affordability, the financial uses it can provide to you and whether the card's charges and interest rate is worth obtaining.
    Advice provided from this account does not consist of any professional knowledge. For professional debt advice, please contact either National Debtline or StepChange. Advice may consist of personal experience, opinion and/or informational sources.
  • 2ilent8cho
    2ilent8cho Posts: 97
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    T-G-C wrote: »
    You wouldn't believe the amount of times I've heard that :eek: Never commit to a credit card purely out of the welcome gift card. When that awesome £10 or £20 is spent, what next?

I just spend food or fuel on it and pay it off, just more good history to add to the file. I use them all at least one or twice every 2 months.
  • pcoventry
    pcoventry Posts: 52
    First Post
    Forumite
    I use my card for fuel too - although being Electric I spend like £10 a month and do all my mileage so I guess I could just use cash!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure