Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh & I have unicorn smarties.
    Very nice too!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all, tried to pop in yesterday to post a 1/2 lb gain but the internet crashed and I lost the post, so here it is. Perfectly acceptable as I have certainly been allowing a few treats to creep in, even though meals have been on plan.

Now, let's talk about last night. I watched the match and had two rhubarb gins with sugar free ginger beer. Then went to Turtle Bay for tea and had some sort of jerk chicken with coconut rice, and fried halloumi. The cocktails were two for one so naturally we got four each. Then went to a comedy night and had a bottle of cider (small one, not a two litre white lightning!) and half a bottle of prosecco. We came out of there and the cocktail offer was still on as England had won, so we had another one each, then stopped off somewhere else and had a vodka lime and soda. THEN we found an open McDonald's and I had a double cheeseburger and large fries, and I think this possibly saved my life as I'm not hungover as such this morning just far too hot to function.

Plan for today is just not to fall headfirst into a large bag of crisps.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like a good night Tete! and great not being hungover this morning.

Really hot again today and just don't want to do anything. A fairly easy day for me today as DH is BBQing at lunchtime when our DD2, partner & kids come down and then this evening he'll be spit roasting a chicken on the BBQ!

So today's plan:

B - fry up
    L - burgers & onions in roll - I'll have mine in WM and the others white burger buns. My DD will bring her own as she's gluten free. I've made sugar free jelly for pud if anyone wants/needs something
    D - spit roasted chicken, roast potatoes & roasted veg; cabbage

HEA - milk
    HEB - WM roll
    Syns - jelly 0.5; not sure what else

Denise
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Very nice too!!
    Hi all, tried to pop in yesterday to post a 1/2 lb gain but the internet crashed and I lost the post, so here it is. Perfectly acceptable as I have certainly been allowing a few treats to creep in, even though meals have been on plan.

Now, let's talk about last night. I watched the match and had two rhubarb gins with sugar free ginger beer. Then went to Turtle Bay for tea and had some sort of jerk chicken with coconut rice, and fried halloumi. The cocktails were two for one so naturally we got four each. Then went to a comedy night and had a bottle of cider (small one, not a two litre white lightning!) and half a bottle of prosecco. We came out of there and the cocktail offer was still on as England had won, so we had another one each, then stopped off somewhere else and had a vodka lime and soda. THEN we found an open McDonald's and I had a double cheeseburger and large fries, and I think this possibly saved my life as I'm not hungover as such this morning just far too hot to function.

Plan for today is just not to fall headfirst into a large bag of crisps.

OMG you two are so naughty :T:T:T

It is lovely to hear of you having a wonderful time. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Is it time for picky tea yet bubbs?:D

:T well done to poohsticks, msm, gts and never too old on your losses!

Welcome!:) Chris will add you to the list when she comes on. How long ago did you do SW? If it's fairly recent then you've probably got the latest books. There are a number of people on here that use the thread as their group. Just ask any questions you like.

When I joined missteach, I just conjured a weight I'd been happy with previously out of the air for my target but my main goal was to be back to a size 12. I'm 5 foot 9 so any lower and I start to get a bit scrawny.

Fortunately the food at my conference today was a buffet with hot or cold options. Other than some oil/butter used in cooking I made good SW choices so not many syns to add.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix with HEA milk
    L: chicken, new potatoes, tenderstem, courgettes. Melon and pineapple pieces.
    D: Aldi Lamb Rogan Josh with xtra mushrooms, HM pilau, SW chips.
    Syns: oil? curry 1.5, wine syns. :D
    I had already had it as went to a party last night:D My halo will slip as all i had was a plate of salad:D i wasnt going to have anything but everyone else was eating so i went and got that :A:rotfl:
    B17c wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I did SW a couple of years ago... 2016? Not sure if my books are up to date or not? My Food Optimising book is mainly black with bowls of what looks like goulash or curry with rice on!
    I like going to group I feel it keeps me accountable, and I like having access to the online features such as being able to search for a certain item of food and it'll tell you the syns... I work night shifts though so I need to find one that's local on the days/times I can do!

Yes that is the up to date book :D

Afternoon all:D
    Hugs to those that need them, well done to those that have lost:T:T
    If you have gained its a new week ;)
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    -1 lb :)

…………………………………..
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Very nice too!!

Where did you get them?
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    -1 lb :)

…………………………………..
    :T:T:T:Twell done tweets, is mum happy in her new temp home?
    TakeItEazy wrote: »
    Where did you get them?
    Asda sell them
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :T Well done on your loss tweets. You're so good at maintaining:). That was very disciplined of you to just have a plate of salad at the party too bubbs. I admire you both for your will power.:)

joedenise wrote: »
    Sounds like a good night Tete! and great not being hungover this morning.

Hope you had a really good time tete. Just draw a line and have a good week.:)

If you really don't want to go to a group B17c, you can always ask on here for syn values.:)

joedenise wrote: »
    Really hot again today and just don't want to do anything.

It's baking here too but although I might be mad I'm still cooking a roast dinner. It'll be our first for a month.

Today's EE plan:
    B: HEB Weetabix with HEA milk
    L: veggie omelette with pickles
    D: JO roast pork (on veg trivet) with SW roast potatoes and parsnips, red cabbage, broccoli, cauli
    Syns: HM gravy 4?, wine syns.
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Well done all the losers, welcome Newbies, keep it up everyone! This weeks weigh in shows me maintaining still.

I'm away for a few days next week so have stocked up today with SW friendly foods to minimise temptations but there will be a few meals out. We've had some odd meals this week to use up stuff in the house but pretty healthy on the whole. It's rare to plan a UK summer holiday and not be taking winter weather gear! No rain forecast but a bit cooler which will suit us fine.

Missteach/B] I set my original target at a reasonable weight that I'd been some years ago, as I thought I could at least get to that, then revised it down so I was within the healthy BMI range for my height. I'm a bit below that now but don't want to go any further - at 50 something, I'm frightened of my face falling in! Your loss is amazing and clothes sizing these days isn't really a good measure of where you're at. I bought some items in the sale at Next yesterday - 1 size 14, 2 size 12s and a 10 - all fit nicely. My first 'adult' clothing was a size 10, at age 11!

Tete I have (rather vague) memories of the cocktail deal at Turtle Bay - sounds like a great night!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure