Audible 12 month Christmas Present

Options
Lucky me, my wife has bought me an Audible 12 month contract for Audio books.
This is perfect timing as I have exhausted the audiobooks I like that I can download from my local library.
Do any of you have tips and tricks to get the best value out of my membership with 12 credits.
Thank you.
There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.

Comments

• Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't buy anything that is under the cost of a credit! Pay for anything like that in cash if you want it. Yes costs more but saves in the long run!
  • Blackcatsreturns
    Options
    I love my audible. I save lots of titles into my wish list and because it is very intuitive audible will send you emails saying when titles on your wish list are on 2 for 1 type deals. With the "sale" eg 2 for 1 you sometimes need a minimum number of credits. Sometimes members get free bonus books and it's worth downloading these as they can help you discover new authors or let you listen to titles you might not have chosen. With thoughtful buying you might end up with more than 12 titles during the year.
    Also don't be afraid to return titles you aren't enjoying - it's quick and simple and your credit is returned to you immediately. Enjoy!
  • gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips.
    I have put a number of authors I like on my wish list. I then searched those authors, finding a book I like that was below my average credit price I bought it.
    I finally sorted out how to get the daily deal by email every day. Very tempting prices.
    I have been a long time podcast listener with about 50 feeds searched every day by my podcatcher “beyondpod” so I have plenty to listen to so I am trying to resist temptation and not buy too many extra books from Audible.
  • chesky
    chesky Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They very often have 'members only' sales, when you can buy three for two credits.
  • gfplux
    Options
    I have just had this email. I wonder if it is phishing

We've received confirmation that you have cancelled your Audible Membership.

We're sorry to see you go, but hope that you'll continue to enjoy listening to your favourite books, as you'll still have access to your audiobook library, username, and password.

If you decide you want more books to listen to, you can still purchase them at Audible.co.uk or Amazon.co.uk without a membership. And if you'd like access to our exclusive Audible originals, sales and audiobook deals, as well as easy exchanges, you can reactivate your membership in your Account page or just contact our Customer Care team.

Sincerely,
    The Audible Team
    END QUOTE
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hover over any links in the email and see if they point to the right place.

Was it perhaps some kind of trial membership which needed renewing?

Or have you fallen out with your wife?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    BTW, if it ends up NOT looking like a scam, and assuming you haven't fallen out with your wife, then I'd use their contact form and ask about it. Odds are it's an error and there may even be an apology coming soon ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • gfplux
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    BTW, if it ends up NOT looking like a scam, and assuming you haven't fallen out with your wife, then I'd use their contact form and ask about it. Odds are it's an error and there may even be an apology coming soon ...

So it turns out NOT to be phishing.

My first step was to report it by email to Amazon, they have a dedicated email to report these things to.

Secondly I found my original “live chat” email confirmation when I was helping to set up my “present”
    I reported it by an email reply.

It turns out I got the standard email one gets at the end of the free trial (you can see it does not mention that) !!!
    My 12 months starts immediately afterwards.

Slightly irritated as the email is just a brilliant example you would use if phishing.
  • gfplux
    Options
    I now get an email every day with the “daily deal” During January there have mostly been self help books. As I am beyond help they do not interest me.
    However today the great book The Long Goodbye by Raymond Chandler at £1.99 12 hours of Phillip Marlow got me to spend the money.
  • JasonHand
    JasonHand Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love audible. One thing I've noticed which can save you money and your credits is for a number of books you can purchase the kindle version on Amazon and then get the audio book for a good price as well.

For example I've got a book on my shortlist called Not Alone. If I was to buy the Kindle version (it only 99p at the moment) I could then buy the audio version at £2.99.

I've bought a few books doing that
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport