Center Parcs guide discussion

MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi all,

We've written a new Center Parcs guide and would love your feedback.

How did you find the info? Was it useful? Do you have any other tips you'd add?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Jenny

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Going to centreparcs next month.

We always stop at a nearby supermarket before entering to avoid paying parcmarket prices!

Alex
  • mrmajika
    mrmajika Posts: 986 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    For those in Scotland, we have always found that Whinfell is priced for the Scottish school holidays, but the other parks are not.
    Whilst my posts do not constitute financial advice, I am always, without fail, 100% right! :D
  • bopsybunny
    bopsybunny Posts: 109 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    I'm going to Sherwood Forest this weekend, as part of a large group (18). First time I've been to a CP so I'm excited but a bit nervous with how much we might end up spending! We're bringing our own bikes but booking a lot of other activities (sports mostly). Interesting to hear that some activities get discounted on the app. I think we've already booked a lot of it, but might be worth checking over the weekend. I was hoping to visit the spa but it was showing at something like £99 quid for a session?!
    Going to bring lots of food and drinks so we don't get sucked in by all the food outlets.. although I will have to visit the Pancake House.. reviews look good!
    Wedding savings Jan 19: £1.4k. Sept 19: £7.5k. Mar 20: £12.6k
    Goal: Pay for wedding by August 2020 <3
  • Been using euro parks for 20 years . Not nearly as commercial as British, less restaurants etc but love them. All are in rural locations so would need your own transport, so adding on flight costs in comparison doesn't work.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,510 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    The piece demonstrates that Centerparcs isn't is a destination if you want to save money.

IMHO its an overpriced, underwhelming experience.
  • Unfortunately If you don`t like a long journey weighed down with food/supplies you will find the CP supermarket pretty expensive.
    Last time we went to Longleat we booked a Tesco "click and collect" just before we entered the CP site. Saved loads of money and only a short jaunt with a prosecco laden car!! I seem to remember the nearest Tesco to Longleat was only a 15 minute drive but check out the store locations on the Tesco web site.
    We clicked and collected between 2-3 then checked in at 3.
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Anyone visiting Whinfell there is a large Aldi supermarket just off J40 on the M6, close to the park. Stock up there before you arrive but also handy to get essentials during your stay.
  • ccderby
    ccderby Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 18 August 2018 at 10:37AM
    Just come back from Sherwood. Some savings we made were

Take the basics of food, including bread, tomato sauce, lots of drinks and bird food & peanuts for the squirrels. These are things that are particularly expensive in the Parcmarket.

Don’t cancel activities or restaurant bookings on the app. This charges to cancel anything, but I was never charged to cancel or rearrange at booking points on the village. For restaurant bookings, the app would retain £2.50 per person.

Water sports - if you’ve done the teaching session at CP or elsewhere, then you can book to just hire the equipment at much less cost eg paddle boards. This booking isn’t available on the app. Note you need to be able to answer some questions and they can take you off the lake if it seems you aren’t at a required level.

Spa three hour sessions - if you plan to eat in the spa, do it after the end of your session as this means you get the full three hours in the spa (easy to spend that time as it is brilliant) and can take your time and shower and change after.

Eating out is ridiculously expensive and the food isn’t great everywhere for these prices. Avoid the Sports Cafe/Hucks, but recommend Bella Italia and Cafe Rouge. Cafe Rouge currently has a £10 lunch time meal deal, including a drink and main meal, eg croque/burger both with fries. Much cheaper than evening prices.

Center Parcs will never be cheap
  • ccderby
    ccderby Posts: 15 Forumite
    bopsybunny wrote: »
    I'm going to Sherwood Forest this weekend, as part of a large group (18). First time I've been to a CP so I'm excited but a bit nervous with how much we might end up spending! We're bringing our own bikes but booking a lot of other activities (sports mostly). Interesting to hear that some activities get discounted on the app. I think we've already booked a lot of it, but might be worth checking over the weekend. I was hoping to visit the spa but it was showing at something like £99 quid for a session?!
    Going to bring lots of food and drinks so we don't get sucked in by all the food outlets.. although I will have to visit the Pancake House.. reviews look good!

Check the spa prices again, I think you were looking at day packages for £99 or ones including food. The 3 hour sessions are about £35-£45. It’s a brilliant spa and definitely worth a visit
  • NOODLES34
    NOODLES34 Posts: 10 Forumite
    anyone know if you can use 241 deals in the Bella Italia etc in the Longleat one?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback