Along the mountain track
    La la la laaa lala lala
    My knapsack on my back.
    Oh bla deeeeeee
    Oh bla dooooooooooooooo
    Oh bla deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Oh bla dooo hooo hoooooooo hooooooo hooo hooo
    etc"

However, it seems to be that since I use several different computers (as I'm teaching in several different rooms) then my profile wanders around the joint with me. Sort of. Anyhow, should all be fixed now.

So I'm told...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,662
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    3 more big bunnies finished. 2 more will have their limbs all swapped over. Then back to cutting out as I still have 8 bodies to find limbs for.
  • Cakes made for dd's class party on thurs. Another grump coming... I have to provide her with a full g-f 'lunch' bag for the party as well as provide for others. The comment of 'we'll read the ingredients of what others bring in to see if she can have it' isn't really very satisfactory. Which other child may have NOTHING they can eat there???????

Yeah, the chances of anyone else bringing in something g/f seem a bit slim. I've run into this with work things quite a bit - got offered "just the top part" of quiche, and asked if I could take croutons off a salad to make it ok, and the office buys in loads of treats but rarely are they g/f (which, I suppose, is just as well, but doesn't seem so at the time!).

Your bunnies sound lovely - not surprised someone would pay extra for them!
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Yeah, the chances of anyone else bringing in something g/f seem a bit slim. I've run into this with work things quite a bit - got offered "just the top part" of quiche, and asked if I could take croutons off a salad to make it ok, and the office buys in loads of treats but rarely are they g/f (which, I suppose, is just as well, but doesn't seem so at the time!).

Your bunnies sound lovely - not surprised someone would pay extra for them!

Indeedy! Slim chances to be sure. Dd's y2 teacher was great - she too had an autoimmune disease and understood the body's reaction. Her y3 teacher is a little more dismissive, and in dd's words - just doesn't get it! Anyhow, I'll make sure dd has a good lunch bag.

Last early get up for us here. I finish tomorrow but can go in late after watching dd's performance.

So, another day of Christmassy bits and bobs, some free time, and I hope/plan to leave everything ready for Jan...

And dh has a couple of contacts to follow up - without seeming to be desperate! It all takes time though... So I may yet join MFiT-T4...
  • Oh I see...bummer teaching in lots of different rooms.
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Had a good ol' chat with dh last night re jobs, mortgage, pensions, savings... I think we are pretty much on top of the household stuff, but we need to make the savings work harder for us.

I'll get my pension and it is clear cut and online for me to see, but dh's is rather more pitiful and bitty. Needs looking at or finding an alternative. (note to self: read edinburgher's diary and see where it leads)

Our 'investments' are fairly dormant and need a good shake up.

Dh is happy for me to keep on pushing with the mortgage and while he has a job, we can do it in 3 years. So I shall be doing that!

Dd needs a kiddie ISA/savings thingy.

Best vacate my room as some children seem to want educating...
  • They WANT an education?
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    Maybe it's more that I don't want to be in the room with them!!
  • apple_muncher
    Forumite
    2 big bunnies have had their limbs sorted and are in the box.

Christmas has officially started in the apple household: the table has been cleared and moved, a cover put on it and it now displays dd's 2' tree. If I had my way, it would be the only tree in the house, but she may yet insist on bringing in one of the potted ones...

I had time this afternoon to play around on pintrest and goggle images for crafty things. Twas most enjoyable.

Funny day ahead tomorrow - last day of term. Permission to go in late granted, finishing by 12ish then sandwiches (guess how much I leapt for joy on hearing that?????) and secret santa, all over by 1.30. Then rush in to town to try to get a couple of specific colouring books for dd + friend, and get home for 3.15 to pick up dd. But if I don't find the exact books, I am told not to buy any others, which will mean a manic rush on Sat morning... And then we have our staff meal out in the 'evening' starting at 6ish - far too early to get dressed up!! I may just go in jeans... Aaaaand, a seating plan has been done for us - we have had no say in who we are sat with. Weird. What if I don't like them? What if they don't like me? We have a nursery, junior and senior school, so many people only know those in their age range... I feel like the Grinch at teh mo - moan, moan, moan... :o

Off to browse craft ideas again...or read my book... Maybe even do both...!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback