PrinterPix photobooks - are they any good?

Comments

• They say they deliver their albums within 8 days. I paid for and ordered an album three weeks ago but have received nothing. I contacted them by email and other than an automated standard response have still not had a reply. I tried contacting them by phone, which is free, but you have to wait a long time to get a response. On the one occasion I got through I had to wait 35 minutes! When I finally got through I was then cut off in mid conversation. In the conversation I managed to have I was told to email details of my order and a copy of my voucher and they would refund my money. I have done this but of course they have not responded to my email, so back to square one. I now intend to write to them and if all else fails I will take them to the small claims court.
  • I was surprised to read negative comments re this company. I used them via the Groupon voucher and have sinced ordered 45 more photo books. (These were for a school show).

The service was outstanding, quality brilliant and customer service very good.

I have had a couple of issues getting onto the web site since, but my own experience of the company is very good and I will certainly use them again!

Dave
  • I placed my order for a photobook on 8th October. The website states it will take around 8-9 working days. I am still waiting. I have phoned each week for an update and I am fobbed off. The waiting times to speak to an adviser can be 30 plus minutes. I was told that one of their machines was broken and that it why it is delayed They keep telling me a date that it will be posted but it is never true. I have emailled and they do not reply
    I do not recommend this company. :mad:
  • I wish I'd known how disappointing the result would be. I too bought it through Groupon, so not full price thank goodness.
    Wasted hours and hours laying it all out but the finished quality is atrocious: binding, 'special' paper, and most importantly the photos themselves.

This was an album of my daughter's wedding photos so I'm really upset and they haven't replied to my emailed complaint. I'd bought another for my daughter to use but I wouldn't let her use it and I'll contact Groupon about it now.
  • AVOID!

I have requested a refund of my Groupon voucher and all extra money I have paid to PrinterPix today after waiting 5 weeks for an album. You cannot get through on their phone line (told 120 minute wait) and when they did finally answer one of my emails they refused to cancel the order like I requested and just said it will be sent in a week. Terrible terrible service!!!!
  • I placed the an order on the 02/10/11 with Printerpix (via a groupon voucher) and have still not received it!

I have chased up the delivery by email on the 14/10 & 20/10 only to be told by email that order would be with me in a few days.

I emailed on the 28/10 but this was not even replied to. I then had to spend 25mins on hold to speak with Azam on the 02/11 who apologised and said my order was a priority and would be shipped by the end of this week. He said the printer malfunction that had been the excuse was fixed and working "24 hours a day".

The order has still not been dispatched. I have again received no reply to THREE further emails. When you ring Printerpix its at least a wait of 35mins!

I even emailed Groupon to advise them but they just told me to keep contacting Printerpix.

This is rubbish!
  • There have been massive problems with the groupon/printerpix offer. I've tried to make mine, but their software would only upload half of the photos, so I couldn't proceed with the album. I've got screen dumps of the problem, have submitted an online comment sheet and e-mailed them. I haven't had the courtesy of a reply, apart from the automated response. I tried phoning, but the wait time was 51 minutes. Last time I rang the line went dead.
    There are lots of us in the same situation - if you google printerpix + groupon you'll find cleverbird's blog with lots of comments (sorry, I can't post a link!) Some people finally received their albums/calendars, but many are complaining about the quality.
  • ManPants
    ManPants Posts: 542
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    try2write wrote: »
    There have been massive problems with the groupon/printerpix offer. I've tried to make mine, but their software would only upload half of the photos, so I couldn't proceed with the album. I've got screen dumps of the problem, have submitted an online comment sheet and e-mailed them. I haven't had the courtesy of a reply, apart from the automated response. I tried phoning, but the wait time was 51 minutes. Last time I rang the line went dead.

You've got off lightly if you haven't managed to proceed! At least you haven't thrown away even more money! I bought 2 Groupon vouchers and Groupon were kind enough to credit me with one of the vouchers back after i'd received my first book which i'd thrown even more money at to "upgrade" it! I'm sure if you email Groupon they will give you a refund or credit.

I've used Photobox since and they are fantastic. The quality of the finished product is amazing and shames PrinterPix even more!

Hope you manage to get your money back!

Stupotstu
    Quit Smoking 12 years 2 months.
  • Fair play to Groupon. I e-mailed them and added the links for both this page and the cleverbirdbanter blog thread on the same topic to show that it was a common problem, not just me being incapable! I've had a pleasant and apologetic response from Groupon and credit added to my account. Ok, not quite as good as a refund, but an acceptable compromise.
  • I ordered a book for a 40th birthday present in good time for delivery according to their schedule. When I realised it was running late I emailed them, in fact four times, I have yet to receive any reply to my emails which I started sending almost two weeks ago. I finally, after a 40 minute wait, got through on the telephone to be advised that they are unable to trace the status of any order but they're very busy and I should get it soon. When I advised that it wasn't good enough and I needed it for 11th November (this was the 10th) I was told that someone would call me in a couple of hours. I am still waiting. I have never encountered a company with poorer customer service ever. I now dread the quality of the book when it finally arrives, Still waiting three weeks now. Do not order from this company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure