Extending our house without extending ourselves beyond our means

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Agree that dropping small amounts of stuff off is sometimes better foxgloves another item in the bag before it made its way to my boot. Will hopefully be able to drop it off tomorrow.

Also cashed out £22.50 cash back :T and had notification of 3 surveys have been approved. Must keep checking these as they do add up.

More leftovers for tea, think I'm about up to date apart from 1 banana that's left from the banana mountain. Will have for breakie.

I've answered a couple of fleabay questions, hoping a couple of times sell. Even though they aren't huge amounts, it all helps.

Playing with mortgage overpayment calculator. Really want to start overpaying but at the moment still makes sense for it to be going to savings. Have a plan though ;)
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Good news on the cashback and surveys.

Ooh the mortgage overpayment calculator is an eye opener, can't wait to be ready to start paying that down!

Have a good day, H x
  • PurpleFairy26
    Hmm, banana mountain just won't go down. Forgot one from my lunch box yesterday so net position is only 1 down rather than two :rotfl:

Managed to go past the Chinese supermarket in town and get a big pot of yummy curry paste which is so much better than that gloopy stuff you get in sm. and lasts about 10 times as long :D chickpea curry in sc overnight :D:D

Made a cake with the small tonight and friend kindly did drop off with the other to activity. Win, win. Cut up barginous pineapple, will see if they are still on offer at the weekend and get another if I can and made a jelly (not with the pineapple :rotfl:)

No movement in cash but that's not a bad thing as it means none is going out either :rotfl: hopefully cheque will clear tomorrow and £co payment will credit and I can pay to savings :)
  • PurpleFairy26
    £conpayment showing as coming in on Monday and have requested another £21 that has become payable :D

Cheque cleared, have moved to savings. I’ve also sold 3 things on the bay. One for £100 :T again will go to savings, won’t withdraw it until they collect. Will package the other 2 up shortly.

‘Bought’ ourselves the gift vouchers we earn on our CC and used them for house things that had been on want list for a while. Nothing extravagant, some new pillowcases and pillow protectors. Used the funds to pay to savings.

Hoping for a quiet weekend. Fridge still has decent amount of veg from last weeks veg box so planning on a roast tomorrow and there will still be veg for the week left.
    Froze some portions of stewed pears, can get them out for breakfast when needed.

Hoping for some exercise this weekend and a box to sort through for a sale that I’m going to do in a few weeks.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    £100 is a great ebay sale, Purps. Well done on that! I'm having a little break from ebay (apart from one tiny thing which I may re-list) & am concentrating on Prolific surveys atm. About 10 days ago my total on there was about £17. I haven't done surveys every day by any means, but am already up to over £31. I think voucher/survey income can be really useful as you describe, sort of swapped into household budget to buy things which are needed. I'm currently cashing in for John Lewis vouchers wherever possible, & those, together with two Prolific payouts, as mr f does those too, sometimes, will pay for a replacement BBQ. I can't quite justify a new one from our budget, but am quite happy to fund one through survey income. Every little helps!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • PurpleFairy26
    I was thrilled foxgloves too as I thought it would go for about £25 :D they came and collected it yesterday and were thrilled. Glad it will get a second life now we longer need it and also that it hasn’t ended up in landfill.

Posted 2 other smaller sales, another £10 in the coffers and 2 items gone. I’ve ordered a smart heating/lighting thing. Got a free product with it so I’ve ordered that today too whilst I remember. Used a refund for the product for a financial plan we cancelled so seems like no cost to us :T

Small shop yesterday, including a free product as it’s a new store. It’s something we use so most welcome. Will need to do a online chicken order at some stage, will have a look for offers. Other than that we should be ok for a while.

Was up early and been productive so far. Sorted through a big box of clothes, some online tasks and shuffling money to the right place. Hope rest of the week is as productive.

Bank account looking healthy given it’s less that 2 weeks until payday. Plus £200 extra in savings from sales and cash back this month already.
  • PurpleFairy26
    Another shocking night of little sleep. Not ideal but hey ho, it happens. Managed to be productive though doing lots of quiet jobs whilst the rest of the house sleeps. Yesterday was another NSD, I don't track them but always pleasing when you refer you've had one.

Paid some more money to our just for points cc, where the vouchers are accruing nicely again :D already have an idea of what we might spend them on.

We have a balance on our 0% cc that we used for part purchase of our last car. Unlike our last 0% card, this one seems a bit of a faff to overpay. So I'm going to have a go at snoozing (I think that's the right word or am I just hope given current sleep deprivation :rotfl:) and just pay off the minimum with a monthly dd. I've set up my sheet to track it and have a separate savings account for it :T

Given my recent sales, my 1p challenge pot is now at over 50% with no where near 50% of the year gone. If I get to the target soon, I may consider doing it again before Dec 31. Will likely be added to my snoozing pot or maybe split to a mortgage overpayment. Decisions decisions.

Hoping to hear today on something that is holding up start of build. Fingers crossed.
  • PurpleFairy26
    No progress on the thing that's stopping the build from progressing. I've chased. Little more we can do.

I ordered some Easter eggs on line just for the children in our lives. Went through cb site and used a voucher. They've arrived too.

Another bid on a small fleabay item, so another item out of the house soon. Veg box arrives today so food amount required this week should be small. Will meal plan tonight or tomorrow, happy with spends again this month, it's definitely making a difference to our available cash for other things. Will keep the focus.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Have a great weekend PF and hope you get a run in xx
  • PurpleFairy26
    Good weekend so far. Just letting my breakfast go down and then I'm going for a run :T

I've made a pastry shell for the quiche which I'll fill when I get back and make a cake for lunchboxes this week. Butter just softening on the side.

I've bought a sim only deal this morning as I cancelled my mobile now I'm out of contract updated my spreadsheet and put the £20 saved to mortgage overpayment :T

Also bought dd some nighties she is desperately in need of. Happened to look at m and s site and had 20% of just that product :T clicked and due to collect tomorrow when I'm in town anyway :T also went through work site for an extra 7% off :A and used my just for points cc :rotfl:

Already have one load of washing out and will peg a couple more when they've gone through. Yesterday's dried without it being too sunny which is good news. Have a huge pile to put away now but thankfully no ironing :T

Right off for this run :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure