foreign object in my chicken from asda

Options
1235»

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are you sure that it wasnt a foreign chicken here on a work permit?
  • hippychick22
    Options
    I'd be mega disappointed if there were no bones in my chicken!
  • PLAGUEANGEL
    Options
    Having that "May contain bones" in the small print is a bit annoying when on the front of the pack they usually say "Boneless XXXXX"
    I think really all you're likely to get is your money back (Not sure if the £2 voucher covered the cost)

Shops have been supplying "Boneless" products for decades now, you would have thought their detection methods would have improved eh
  • Les79
    Les79 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Options
    Was the foreign object from the EU?
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    rosieblack wrote: »
    You clearly have no idea what a troll even is.

"Trolling: to make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."

Oh yeah, that person is really posting something offensive aren't they?! Dear Lord. You on the other hand....what was the point of your post? Hmmm...

Hello deethebee
  • paddyandstumpy
    Options
    If the OP was expecting £000's in compo, it goes to show; don't count your chickens...
  • Korkyb
    Korkyb Posts: 623 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You lot appear to be missing the possibility that a child could have, might have, could possibly have been seriously injured.

Does no one care about the kids...!!!

;-)
    Was it really "everybody" that was Kung Fu fighting ???
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Korkyb wrote: »
    You lot appear to be missing the possibility that a child could have, might have, could possibly have been seriously injured.

Does no one care about the kids...!!!

;-)
    You are Helen Lovejoy from The Simpsons - and I claim my £5 :D
  • Supersonos
    Supersonos Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Refcarl wrote: »
    it was a genuine question regards an incident but never mind just another site full of warriors

Sadly, this is true. New members come to this site for help and instead the same bunch of people turn on them, pick holes in their argument, focus on points that aren't important or central to the point and simply drive them away.

There's three pages of people mocking the OP - even though the OP has long gone.

As a result, this forum has become a condensed melting pot of the same group of people. It's a shame, because it could be a genuinely useful forum (and sometimes is).
  • Hermione_Granger
    Options
    Supersonos wrote: »
    There's three pages of people mocking the OP -

The OP bought a chicken product, a product that has a warning on the packet "may contain bones" and surprise surprise, the goujons did indeed contain a bit of bone.

The OP suffered no injury or sickness but as was their right, they contacted the seller who told them that this occasionally happens (hence the warning on the packet).

Not happy with this, they contacted their local council and the council carried out an investigation with both the seller and manufacturer. (and people wonder why council tax goes up each year)

The OP was then offered a refund "plus a little bit more".

So, they suffered no injury, suffered no sickness and suffered no financial loss but still they are not happy and want to pursue the matter further.

Talk about the compensation culture gone mad!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure