IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Urgent Help Required: Being threatened with bailiffs for a PCN when ticket states Not a PCN!!

1234568»

Comments

• Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 12 November 2018 at 12:45PM
    History will judge this badly. People will look at back at this parking debacle and wonder how it could ever happen. If they are not stopped soon then there will be a big backlash. Could go the way of PPI.

We now look back at clampers and wonder how it was ever allowed to get so out of hand. Clampers should have been disallowed from setting up as a PPC.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    History will judge this badly. People will look at back at this parking debacle and wonder how it could ever happen. If they are not stopped soon then there will be a big backlash. Could go the way of PPI.

We now look back at clampers and wonder how it was ever allowed to get so out of hand. Clampers should have been disallowed from setting up as a PPC.

Would love it to go like PPI and the bank charges :)

I started my life on here with "claim back unfair bank charges"
    and we had fun threatening the banks with court and if it went that far, they never turned up and the bailiffs were sent in

What we need is a common denominator to "claim back unfair parking charges"
  • 'What we need is a common denominator to "claim back unfair parking charges" '

Then some of these rogue solicitors would turn from poacher to gamekeeper. It would be great if people could claim back unfair parking charges. It certainly would give Simon Double-Barrelled something to moan about.

If the law changes then some people may try to claim back retrospectively especially the larger cases.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    If the law changes then some people may try to claim back retrospectively especially the larger cases.
    And there are 6 years in which to do so.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport