Are National Express drivers trained to stay in the middle lane?

Options

Comments

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Thanks to us being in the EU the limit they had to be set to was 90KPH/56MPH.
    Even post-Brexit, 90kph limiters will still be a factor for UK trucks - not least because any truck that's ever going to work within the EU will still need one.

They're legally required by the EU for trucks operating within the EU, not just registered within. If you travel within mainland EU, you'll see a lot of wagons from a lot of "exotic" countries that never come to the UK, due to visa restrictions on drivers. Iran, Russia, Bielorussia - all common. All will be 90kph limited.
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,885 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to us being in the EU the limit they had to be set to was 90KPH/56MPH. The UK speed limit for HGVs on motorways never changed.

In 2010 -
    The government wants the maximum speed limit for heavy goods vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes to be lowered from 70 to 60mph, and minibuses from 70 to 65mph.

Our own Government do make rules too, although they are so incompetant, it probably never happened.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8493905.stm
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    "Up to 7.5t"
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yeah actually it does. If it is fitted with a speed limiter it isn't allowed in the outside lane of a 3 or more lane wide motorway.

I'll say it again it doesn't stop them.

I've never said it was legal.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    Options
    Deastons wrote: »
    Because I'm not a bus or coach driver.

You don't need to be. But if you are expecting a more accurate answer to your inane question, you need a better source.
  • Deastons
    Deastons Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    You don't need to be. But if you are expecting a more accurate answer to your inane question, you need a better source.

Which makes me wonder why a load of people have bothered replying to this thread when they have no idea about the answer.

Not impossible that a National Express driver could be a member of this forum.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,213 Forumite
    Options
    Which makes me wonder why a load of people have bothered replying to this thread when they have no idea about the answer.

On the contrary, we all know the answer is "No".

But we all have better things to do than waste time and effort in researching chapter and verse in response to your inane question.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »
    In 2010 -
    The government wants the maximum speed limit for heavy goods vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes to be lowered from 70 to 60mph, and minibuses from 70 to 65mph.

Our own Government do make rules too, although they are so incompetant, it probably never happened.
    Goods Vehicles UP TO 7.5T which means vans and those dinky trucks that can be driven on a car license if you passed your test before 1997.

The speed limit for goods vehicles OVER 7.5t was and still is 60MPH.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Not impossible that a National Express driver could be a member of this forum.

Think about your question.

Do you think National Express will have a policy to train drivers to breach Section 3 of the Road Traffic Act?
  • James2k
    James2k Posts: 300 Forumite
    Options
    Do you think
    No i don't suppose he does
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts