Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Comments

• Morning ladies!

I’m moving over from the TTC thread. I got two BFPs on cheap tests yesterday and it’s finally starting to sink in after seeing the words on a digital test this morning.

It’s our first pregnancy and I’m not sure how everything works so I’ll be ringing the GP today. One of the receptionists is a family friend so I’m hoping she doesn’t answer! I know she can’t say anything but it wouldn’t feel right her knowing before our family.
  • Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning ladies!

I’m moving over from the TTC thread. I got two BFPs on cheap tests yesterday and it’s finally starting to sink in after seeing the words on a digital test this morning.

It’s our first pregnancy and I’m not sure how everything works so I’ll be ringing the GP today. One of the receptionists is a family friend so I’m hoping she doesn’t answer! I know she can’t say anything but it wouldn’t feel right her knowing before our family.

Hi Ginger

Before ringing you GP have a look on your local health care trusts website and see if they offer the self refferal service to the midwife team that way you bypass the GP and it's meant to be quicker
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • Thanks Faith, I did that but it says to contact your GP first.

I’ve tried ringing a few times but the lines are busy as usual.
  • Faith177
    Thanks Faith, I did that but it says to contact your GP first.

I’ve tried ringing a few times but the lines are busy as usual.

Sounds about right lol
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • I’ve spoken to them now, they said I need to go in to get the details of the midwife. Not sure why they can’t give me them over the phone but they always seem to make everything more difficult than it needs to be!
  • Faith177
    I’ve spoken to them now, they said I need to go in to get the details of the midwife. Not sure why they can’t give me them over the phone but they always seem to make everything more difficult than it needs to be!

Just a bit how frustrating especially as you seem like me and just want to get it all sorted
  • Sorry I haven’t been on lately I’m just so sick and still living on bread rolls and pasta. I’m 9+2 now I think.

My appointment is now at 10+4. She said I’ll then get me scan date through which will be within 2 weeks so I’m ok for timings. Booked a private scan on 20th too. So I am looking forward to that.

Hope everyone is ok. Great to see you over here ginger :)
  • Thanks BusyBargainz, hope you start to feel better soon.

So I still haven’t managed to book I’m with the midwives. They’re in the office for one hour a day and I was told to call during this time, which I did several times on Thursday and Friday but no answer. The voicemail says if you leave a message they’ll get back to you the same day but they haven’t. I know it’s only early but I’m a control freak and want to get it sorted. I’m also desperate to find out when my scan will be. I’ll be 12 weeks on 27th December and really wanted to share the news when my family is together on Christmas Day but I don’t think I’ll have had the scan by then.

I have a couple of questions for you ladies. Firstly, has anyone told family yet? I think I’ll need to tell my parents this week when I’ll only be 6 weeks. I’ve made a lot of plans with my mum this month including a weekend away and there’s no way I’ll be able to keep it from her! Plus if anything did go wrong I would want her support as OH is away working a lot.

Secondly, for those of you who may not get a scan before Christmas, how do you plan to hide that you’re not drinking?

My husband’s work party shouldn’t be too difficult as it’s a sit-down dinner where wine is topped up constantly. I should be able to sit with a glass in front of me and I’m sure OH will be happy to help me out with having the occasional drink from my glass.

Mine will be more of a problem. It’s more of a night out, we have a venue booked and then no doubt the party will continue afterwards. I have 3 options and I honestly can’t see how I’ll get away with any of them!

A. Go and pretend to drink
    B. Go and don’t drink
    C. Make an excuse and don’t go

I don’t think A will work as it’s a small venue with a busy bar, it will be easy for someone to notice I’m not ordering an alcoholic drink. I go out with some of my colleagues a lot and they know I usually drink wine so it’s not easily replaced by a soft drink. We usually drink in rounds and someone will undoubtedly produce shots at some point during the night.

I can’t decide which of B and C would arouse least suspicion. I’m rubbish at lying and we’re at work during the day so I can’t really fake being ill. No-one in our office ever believes the antibiotics excuse. I don’t need to go on a diet. Driving isn’t an excuse as it’s close to home and I never drive on a night out.

Sorry for the long post, I realise I’m massively over thinking this!
  • Ariel85
    Ariel85 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Hi Ginger,

I'm over here too now from the TTC thread :)

I think we are going to try and hold off telling family until 8 weeks but think that is going to prove difficult. I tend to drink only tea and wine when I'm with my family and both are out really (made the switch to decaf tea at home). Will be easier to hide it from OH's family. Think i will be 12 weeks on New Year's Eve, Christmas is going to be difficult!

I've had the same dilemma about Xmas parties. I think with mine I'm just going to drive so that will be my excuse, I do have the option the stay over but will just say that I need to be up early the next day. Could you say you had a heavy night the night before? Not ideal but can't think of anything else! I'd like to hope that even if anyone suspects, they will be sensitive enough not to say anything. Bay may be that is wishful thinking!

I also have drinks out with 2 other groups of friends, one will be easier than the other as one of the other girls is also pregnant. The other is with ex work colleagues who all know I like the wine! May have to use the driving excuse then too.

Just want to be able to tell people, think it will be so obvious over Christmas and kind of wanted it to be a surprise for everyone!
  • Good to see you over here Ariel!

I’ve secretly swapped to decaf tea at work in my normal teabag box.

Our work night out is on a Friday so I would need to pretend to be hungover the whole day at work if I said I’d been out the night before. Having an early start is a good idea though, I could invent something I need to do early the next morning. My colleagues are not at all subtle especially when they’ve had a drink so if any of them guessed I think my secret would be out!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback