LonelyRat's (not so lonely) Road to Riches

Comments

• You poor thing! Hope you feel better soon!

You're doing absolutely AMAZINGLY on the debt repayments, I honestly don't know how you do it!
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • Hi indigowarrior - thanks so much for reading my ramblings! It's a fair amount of waffle so well done for making it through!

Silver Queen aww thanks for the sympathy... I just feel so damn crappy! Quite a few people at work seem to have come down with a bug so think it's all related. Got home at about 2 and promptly KO'd. Good news is I'm still shattered so I'll be crawling back into bed again shortly :o I think I'm a bit of a baby when I get sick - all I want is to sleep and have someone stroke my forehead and tell me everything will be OK.

Thanks for the kind words about the debt! I have no idea how I'm managing to be honest :eek: ... I think it's partly just knowing it'll be over soon so I don't really mind having no spending money. It's definitely not sustainable long term but doable for another 4 months I feel! The part time wage means I can't throw as much as I'd like at it but at the same time I have little to no bills to pay thanks to OH's parents letting us stay so it kind of cancels out I think.

I'll jump over to your thread in a minute when I've finished rambling here and see how you're doing. I meant to spend some time catching up on diaries but have been feeling a bit too poo to manage it. I do love our conversations being spread over the two!

Work tomorrow but it's just Overtime so I should make it through the day. Only 3 hours again as they weren't offering more but it's better than nothing. Means I finish work at 10 so going to try and get the energy to take doggo a walk after... Maybe doing some light (very light :rotfl:) exercise will make me feel less sickly.

Also had a reply from my Uni flatmate and she's keen to meet up which is lovely. Just waiting to hear back on her work schedule and we'll get something organised. Very excited to see her as it's been a few months since we've caught up.

117 days
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    edited 22 February 2018 at 8:32PM
    Managed to take the dog a walk when I got in yesterday so counting that as a win! Later in the evening OH's mum wanted some pop from the corner shop nearby so we took her for another, shorter, walk. Very happy doggo, very tired lonelyrat.

Not an NSD today as went to Tesco after work to get some bits. Am sorted for food for the next two weeks now though which is good. Been doing really good on the booze front. Haven't had any wine in over a week which is amazing for me. I have had a corona here and there but it could be worse :o

In work tomorrow then off on Friday thank goodness. This week has felt really long with the Overtime. Meeting up with old flatmate on Saturday so very excited about this. Nervous at the same time as we haven't seen each other in a while and that's mostly my fault.

OH will be in University on Firday so I have the day to myself which will be lovely! He only has 1 day a week in Uni (lucky !!!!!!) and I'm actually contractually meant to always work on Fridays so I never have a day off without him so am quite enthusiastic!

Feeling excited for Copenhagen... We're almost there! Got less money in savings than I had wanted but still doing OK.

Currently in bed with my oldest rattie. He's been patiently waiting for me to finish typing so I can pet him so I will finish up and watch some rubbish telly and give him a pat :o
  • Not an NSD today. Bought some dark chocolate (£1.50) and a bottle of Cava (£5.55) to celebrate what felt like the longest week ever being over. I've had a really strong craving for dark chocolate recently. I never even thought I liked it before but it's all I could think about in work today :eek:

OH currently peeling potatoes as he's going to make us some chips for dinner and then the plan is to watch Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri in bed and drink the Cava. Then I'm going to tuck into my chocolate :o Very lovely evening it's shaping up to be! Going to have an early snooze though... Gotta be rested so I can enjoy my day alone tomorrow :rotfl:

114 days
  • lonelyrat wrote: »
    Not an NSD today. Bought some dark chocolate (£1.50) and a bottle of Cava (£5.55) to celebrate what felt like the longest week ever being over. I've had a really strong craving for dark chocolate recently. I never even thought I liked it before but it's all I could think about in work today :eek:

OH currently peeling potatoes as he's going to make us some chips for dinner and then the plan is to watch Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri in bed and drink the Cava. Then I'm going to tuck into my chocolate :o Very lovely evening it's shaping up to be! Going to have an early snooze though... Gotta be rested so I can enjoy my day alone tomorrow :rotfl:

114 days

Clearly the healthy eating and weight loss is going well :rotfl: This post is 90% just me talking about food and drink...
  • Not the best day off alone after all. OH's parents both in a bad mood with one another and arguing and with OH out the house I felt a bit uncomfortable. Just sort of hid in the bedroom and made as little noise as possible :o

Going to make bean quesadillas for dinner then another early night. We didn't end up watching the film yesterday but may do so tonight. OH's chips were top notch so I may put a request in for them again sometime soon. Not exactly healthy though :rotfl:

OH rung the vet today and we have the girls a double appointment booked for Monday. I know it's for the best and they are both on their last legs but it's still hurts so much. I hate having the power to decided that they live or die... It doesn't feel right. That will be our mischief down to 2 out of 7 in total. Poor wee babies.

Trying to stay positive as it isn't until Monday so will shower them with love this weekend.

113 days
  • Only 3 more shifts in work until my holiday :cool: Day off tomorrow so planning to get myself sorted so don't need to worry about it next week.

Tomorrow
    1. Trip to Primani
    - tights and a scarf (maybe) for me
    - Boxers and socks for OH

2. Download books for my Kindle
    3. Purchase Copenhagen card for our travel while there
    4. Remove photos from my phone as storage dangerously full. I have an external hard drive I will fire them on and go through them another time.
    5. Book bus tickets to airport
    6. Find suitcase (this will be a job for OH as I think it is in the shed and he deals with the shed :o)
    7. Find adaptors - no idea where they are as it's been a shockingly long time since I've been on holiday! If I can't find them tomorrow I will order online. I've had a look on Amazon and can get 2 for £3.99 with next day delivery so may end up doing that.

Moneywise there are no changes. Have my savings sorted for Copenhagen but will be fully skint when we come back unfortunately. OH should have his SAAS money come in around the 7th though so I can rely on him to do the food shopping until I get paid again.

112 days
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    edited 25 February 2018 at 10:15PM
    Today
    [STRIKE]1. Trip to Primani
    [/STRIKE]- [STRIKE]tights and a scarf (maybe) for me [/STRIKE]
    No scarf but I did get an amazing pair of floral peep toe boots for £3 :o Definitely a "want" not a "need" but I do love them. I also treated myself to some lovely earrings from Accessorize and some lip/ cheek stain from the Body Shop. Silly me. That's the frittering over though - need to be stronger. Spent £17 in total.
    [STRIKE]- Boxers and socks for OH
    [/STRIKE]He didn't need any in the end so saved some money there at least.
    [STRIKE]2. Download books for my Kindle [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]3. Purchase Copenhagen card for our travel while there
    [/STRIKE]4. Remove photos from my phone
    Will do tomorrow.
    [STRIKE]5. Book bus tickets to airport
    [/STRIKE]6. Find suitcase
    Will do tomorrow.
    [STRIKE]7. Find adaptors [/STRIKE]
    Couldn't find the adaptors so have purchased 2 on Amazon and they will be here tomorrow.

Shaved OH head as his hair was getting quite long. I've also had a shower and am now in bed. Going to watch some Walking Dead with the lady rats and OH. Feeling very nervous and sad for tomorrow but trying my best not to think about it.

111 days
  • Very sad day. Our mischief is now down to two... not really a mischief anymore, more a duo.

Ladies did very well going to the vet and didn't seem too scared which was important.

Saw a different vet today than last time and she seemed more keen for surgery on the one with the mammary tumour (MT) than the previous vet did but still thought there was a high likleyhood that the little lady wouldn't wake up from it. Her cagemate, the one with the potential pituitary tumour (PT) was on borrowed time and the vet definitely thought she needed to be PTS so we decided on it for both of them. It wouldn't have been fair on MT for her to go through the stress of the surgery and wake up and find her best friend gone. Rats are very social and have strong bonds/ friendships with one another so it would have been probably too confusing and sad for her. Very, very painful saying goodbye. MT climbed up my arm at the vet and just chilled on my shoulder while we discussed options for PT. Quite proud of myself for not crying too much - only a little blub in the vets (was a different story when we left though... ), OH was a wreck and couldn't stop crying poor thing. I knitted the ladies a patch last night and we took it with us to the vets and then wrapped them in it when we buried them. The vet took them away together and they fell asleep together which was nice I think.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Spends today:
    £30 Euthanasia
    £12 Wine
    £2 potatoes
    £0.75 fruit pot for remaining rats
    £1.80 dark chocolate

£46.55 (that I don't actually have *sigh*)

Feeling a bit negative and bleugh but I suppose that's too be expected. In bed already and don't plan on getting back up until 5.30 tomorrow when I need to go to work. Going to get the remaining rats out for extended cuddles tonight.

I'm now going to have a look online as I haven't got travel insurance and feel that I should probably get us some. I've never had travel insurance and nothing's ever gone wrong but I'm a bit of a worrier these days and would prefer to be covered. Will do a price comparison thing and see if I can go through Topcashback potentially. Being as MSE as possible while also spending all my money? Not great.

I need to send OH some things to print (bus tickets/ paper copy of flight ticket etc.)

I have removed the photos from my phone so that feels good and OH knows where the suitcase is so that's half done. Tomorrow will be a laundry day I think.

110 days
  • Just realised now that Lonelyrat (PT) is gone my username is seriously depressing. Can usernames be changed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport