Need £11,000 loan for a car

Options
Hi all

We need an £11,000 loan for a car, are putting a £9,000 deposit on it, just need something to cover the rest.

Seat (who we are getting the car from) are quoting us 10.9% APR....anyone know where we can get something cheaper?

Thanks in advance

:beer:

Comments

• kimmy40
    kimmy40 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    we just bought a new car and the garage managed apr of 6.9% after we pleaded slighty uncertain whether we could go ahead.
    failing that a& l were 7.9%.
    remember garages are desparate for a sale.
  • davetrousers
    davetrousers Posts: 5,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can't afford this car.

• Heath84
    Heath84 Posts: 579 Forumite
    Options
    Have to agree with davetrousers on this one. Sorry.
  • sparklygemster
    sparklygemster Posts: 271 Forumite
    edited 10 August 2009 at 3:41PM
    Options

er....yes we can, were just looking for the best place to get finance for it.

Happy to go with seat cos we can easily afford the £300 a month for 54 months, just wondering if we can possibly get it cheaper, was happy with their finance but happier if its cheaper with someone else.

Me and the OH's mother will be driving the car as well, which makes the insurance cheaper.

Anyone else that can help better than this spammer?

:T

ETA: The £9,000 DEPOSIT IS NEARLY 50% OF THE CAR!!!! THE FULL PRICE IS £20,000 WITH THE EXTRAS WE WANT, SEAT WERE HAPPY TO TAKE OUR DEPOSIT ON SATURDAY, JUST WANT TO TRY TO GET IT CHEAPER
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey, never realised people bought cars over 54 months.
  • sparklygemster
    Options
    Heath84 wrote: »
    Have to agree with davetrousers on this one. Sorry.

Sorry but youre wrong, finance for 5 years with seat is less than £300, OH can afford over £300 in finance for the 5 years, did i mention in the first post what we could afford....NO!!!!

for 54 months with Seat at 10.9% APR will be just over £300 a month which we can easily afford.

Was just asking for advice on what loans we could get to make this cheaper, not some smart !!!! anwers on if we could afford the car......He's worked bloody hard for the past 5 years to get a degree, worked and done the uni course at the same time and this is a reward for him, so he doesnt have to rely on his mother's car all the time!!!!

AFTER ALL.....THIS IS MONEY SAVING!!!!!
  • sparklygemster
    Options
    ILW wrote: »
    Blimey, never realised people bought cars over 54 months.

Its just less than 5 years, Seat gave us the price for paying over 60 months....but we could pay a little extra to make the finance payments less and cost us less.

I wish i had never posted this now! Shouldnt this be about money saving!!!!!
  • sparklygemster
    Options
    kimmy40 wrote: »
    we just bought a new car and the garage managed apr of 6.9% after we pleaded slighty uncertain whether we could go ahead.
    failing that a& l were 7.9%.
    remember garages are desparate for a sale.

Thanks, youre the only helpful post so far, will have a look at A&L
  • sparklygemster
    Options

How on earth do you know if we can afford this car or not?????

For all you know, we could be on £10k and year or £100k a year!!!!
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    I wish i had never posted this now! Shouldnt this be about money saving!!!!!

I would suggest that paying £5000 or so in interest on something that will plummet in value the second it is driven off the forecourt is completely the opposite to money saving. But I guess if you have that amount to waste, then best of luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure