Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Stoke wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to make the SW Burgers yet, like the ones they sell in Iceland? I've given it a couple of tries with 5% mince from ALDI, but not quite been able to get them right. Not sure why. Still nice, but just not the result I'd expected. Those burgers are absolutely awesome though, worth their money.

I've started eating a lot more of the SW Ready meals lately actually and they're great. I'm keeping away from one or two of the Chinese style ones, apparently they're a bit higher in salt than the rest, but the curry ones are very good. Originally, I felt they were too expensive, but I'm not sure they are. £3 for a meal... Not too bad that.

I make my own with mince meat, salt, pepper and egg.... rather lovely.
    bubbs wrote: »
    Afternoo all
    Sat waiting to pick dh up.
    Thanks about the job, ssm they have given him 3 to apply for but they say full driving licence which he does Not have we will see
    Stoke I make burgers half pork mince and half beef, seasoning and Worcester sauce, I make them in a press don't fall to bits. I did not like the sw ones from Iceland
    Curly if that's all you had syn the rolls
    Weigh in later:eek:

It is so unfair of them.
    maman wrote: »
    :T well done on getting a loss denise. Yu must have really pulled hard on those reins!!:D

Thanks for reminding me about the extra HEB on EESP. I did stick to it yesterday although I had a veggie omelette in the end instead of separate bits.

I like the BGTY burgers from Sainsbury's. They're just 1 syn for a quarter pounder. As well as that I make my own both beef and pork with bits like onions, herbs, chopped gherkins and capers mixed in. I enjoy them too but they don't taste the same as shop bought.

That's interesting about liking the ready meals. I once bought a chicken curry, jalfrezi I think, to try. It tasted OK but the sauce as very watery IMO. My favourite is Aldi Lamb Rogan Josh at 1.5 syns.

Unless you have a specific health problem then salt in an occasional ready meal wouldn't be a problem as you're controlling (or leaving out) the salt in HM meals like your omelettes.:)

I like to write down my meals on here abbafan. I do also usually keep a food diary in a notebook with a running total of syns with it but that's lapsed in recent weeks as we've been away a lot. A new syn banks week starts today so you've inspired me to be good again.

I have a BIL who serves a side of cold beans with salad. I think it's odd but they obviously enjoy it.

Just out of interest, I'm always surprised when anyone calls SW a diet. Same yesterday, I think, when someone mentioned earning points. Is this because of a history of trying other slimming programmes?:) I've never thought of SW as a diet. It gives me a framework for healthy eating which I wouldn't want to give up for other than a short term treat like a holiday. I always think of diet (in the slimming sense) as a short term fix then go back to 'normal' after losing the weight.

We're eating early tonight as I have to go out so maybe a snack later (probably munch on some beetroot!).

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, 2 boiled eggs, half HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with ham, cottage cheese and beetroot
    D: Austrian ham hash (carrots, onion, leeks, mushrooms, celery, tomato) with cabbage
    Syns: Parmesan 1

mama, anything where I am not eating exactly what I fancy when I fancy it is a diet to me..... that mindset is why I got fat but it won't be unpicked now I am far too old. I do however think whether food is helping with my health or making me ill, that helps me make better choices.

Breakfast
    apple, banana, muller and 35 g bran flakes

Lunch
    slice of crustless quiche, apple, carrots and tomato

Tea
    crustless quiche (thought it needed using), green beans, sweet corn and cottage cheese.
    porridge pancake, muller strawberry icecream and banana. OMG it was lush!
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Evening All
    My day off today so didn!!!8217;t do much really, just some shopping and some housework.
    B yoghurt and fruit
    L 3 ryvita (hexb) cottage cheese, 2 hard boiled eggs, tomato and beetroot.
    D (had to have something quick as was visiting ds new secondary school) noodles ,salad,soya beans and tin of sardines (3.5 Syns)

S will have to cheese strings (hexb) might have some wotsits later! (4.5 Syns)

Bit odd food wise today, but within plan.

I have a food diary, I bought it las year, I think on eBay, it lasts a year and fill it in every day, I find it quite satisfying, especially when I have syns left over to carry on to the next day!
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,164 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad that I reported a STS for this week.
    Stuffed, just stuffed after my lovely high tea :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    beanielou wrote: »

Looks like you enjoyed your lovely high tea! Nothing worse than going off plan and not enjoying it!

Denise
  • beanielou
    joedenise wrote: »
    Looks like you enjoyed your lovely high tea! Nothing worse than going off plan and not enjoying it!

Denise

You are so right DEnise.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sunshinemummy

What did you have in your high tea?

:D:D:D:D
  • beanielou
    What did you have in your high tea?

:D:D:D:D

Tea & toast, fish chips & peas.
    Apple tart & custard. :drool:

• Sunshinemummy
    Tea & toast, fish chips & peas.
    Apple tart & custard. :drool:

Now that sounds lovely - but not what I was expecting!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • beanielou
    Now that sounds lovely - but not what I was expecting!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Thats a typical high tea.

• Sunshinemummy
    Thats a typical high tea.

Really, I was expecting a slightly different version of afternoon tea.

I've changed my weigh day so not to annoy Chris anymore.... lol. :D:D:D so 3 days early I have -1lb

I just need to remember to keep weighing myself on Friday morning x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport